• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmm...... I thought sharks only had one expression and that was the smiley face? ....... could be wrong!

Yes, those are great toony characters by 3D Universe! Although, I am partial to his human toon models as well.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
SharkGrin.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmmm... I'm not sure a dragon smiling would be a good thing, so I am temporarily going to stick with Steve's toon Great White or, as I call him, "Bruce".

Cheers,

Cliff

View attachment 31891
Delightful Image!! =)
Bruce was the name of the mechanical shark Speilberg used in Jaws ......... Robert Shaw (Quint) also had a not so flattering name for him LOL and one of the reasons that film has amazing POV from the shark.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Delightful Image!! =)
Bruce was the name of the mechanical shark Speilberg used in Jaws .........

Yup, which is where Pixar got the name for their toon shark in Finding Nemo - though I'm not aware of the name Robert Shaw gave the mechanical shark... unless it's not the great white first, or the great white second, but the great white...

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Actually, the Nothosaurus might not be far off that:

DK Find Out! | Fun Facts for Kids on Animals, Earth, History and more!

but without the hammerhead morph - ouch, think of the smearing UVs!

Note: Of course, Nothosaurus is yet another one of my favourites. I seem to have a LOT of favourites. In this case I blame a comic called "2001 AD", and specifically a strip within in called "FLESH" which for a while featured a Nothosaurus called "Big Hungry" :D

Cheers,

Cliff

Big Hungry

D

Deleted member 325

Did I already suggest a Shark-headed dragon? If not then a Shark Headed morph, especially Hammerhead, would be cool (for that matter a fin on the back would also be great. :)

McG.

Enthusiast
Gorgeous sculpt!!

I actually would not mind taking a crack at doing the maps for said beastie!!! Also Gotta have wings!

I have the perfect model in mind too and some refs of him. Go TCU!! Texas Christian University's mascot is the Texas Horned Lizard. Known to most as a toad though! =P

Yes, they squirt blood out of their eyes! When they get upset.

way cool NA! Haven't seen any in some time now. I know they are around, but pretty shy. They are gorgeous ain't they!?

Harimau

Eager
Oops! I forgot about other non avian dinosaurs like Microraptor that independently evolved flight, but their mode of flight is similar to that of birds, via feathered wings, and they are closely related to the birds. Scansoriopterygids were non avian dinosaurs but their mode of flight is more akin that of bats and pterydactyls.