WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, May 21, 2016.

1. Cliff Bowman

Cliff Bowman Adventurous

Just look at the great white toon shark that 3D Universe did for DAZ - lovely smile! :D

Cheers,

Cliff

2. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Hmm...... I thought sharks only had one expression and that was the smiley face? ....... could be wrong!

Yes, those are great toony characters by 3D Universe! Although, I am partial to his human toon models as well.

3. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

4. NapalmArsenal

LOL!! Mine's Bigger! :)
    DIB Small.jpg

5. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

yeah- but he's not a shark!:)

Cool!

Miss B and NapalmArsenal like this.
  6. NapalmArsenal

Thanks!

And true!! ........... but ....... this is the dragon thread! :) How about a little Jabber Jaws!
    [​IMG]

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  7. Cliff Bowman

Cliff Bowman Adventurous

Hmmm... I'm not sure a dragon smiling would be a good thing, so I am temporarily going to stick with Steve's toon Great White or, as I call him, "Bruce".

Cheers,

Cliff

_Smile.jpg

8. NapalmArsenal

Delightful Image!! =)
    Bruce was the name of the mechanical shark Speilberg used in Jaws ......... Robert Shaw (Quint) also had a not so flattering name for him LOL and one of the reasons that film has amazing POV from the shark.

Cliff Bowman likes this.
  9. Cliff Bowman

Cliff Bowman Adventurous

Yup, which is where Pixar got the name for their toon shark in Finding Nemo - though I'm not aware of the name Robert Shaw gave the mechanical shark... unless it's not the great white first, or the great white second, but the great white...

Cheers,

Cliff

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  10. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

Morph idea:
    • Dragon Shark (with a hammerhead sub-morph)

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  11. Cliff Bowman

Cliff Bowman Adventurous

Actually, the Nothosaurus might not be far off that:

DK Find Out! | Fun Facts for Kids on Animals, Earth, History and more!

but without the hammerhead morph - ouch, think of the smearing UVs!

Note: Of course, Nothosaurus is yet another one of my favourites. I seem to have a LOT of favourites. In this case I blame a comic called "2001 AD", and specifically a strip within in called "FLESH" which for a while featured a Nothosaurus called "Big Hungry" :D

Cheers,

Cliff

Big Hungry

Rae134 likes this.
  12. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

Huh? Is this thread "jumping the shark" ?! ;)

I just joined the Rendo Prime to buy the GAME OF THRONES - like palace of the Dragon's Mother by Apple Jack set FOR your Dragon, @Chris!!

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Chris like this.
  13. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

Did I already suggest a Shark-headed dragon? If not then a Shark Headed morph, especially Hammerhead, would be cool (for that matter a fin on the back would also be great. :)

Rae134 likes this.
  14. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Sea dragon.

Rae134 likes this.
  15. McG.

McG. Admirable

way cool NA! Haven't seen any in some time now. I know they are around, but pretty shy. They are gorgeous ain't they!?

16. TaishoBee

TaishoBee Adventurous

Ahh this is prettyyyy what did you use for the scales?

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  17. NapalmArsenal

It's a custom skin off of the original. I may have it stashed around here some where if you want, but you will have to tweak the horns and such to get them to look accordingly. I think the morph I used is the Hellborn dragon for Daz Dragon 3.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  18. Harimau

Harimau Eager

Introducing Ambopteryx longibrachium the latest Mesozoic feathered dragon discovered. Like Yi qi, its close relative, it is a scansoriopterygid.

01-ambopteryx.adapt.945.1.jpg

It has been proposed that vertebrate flight evolved independently four times rather than three as previously believed, Pterodactyls, Birds, Bats and now Scansoriopterygids. For more information see New species of bat-wing dinosaur discovered

jonrea, Miss B, Chris and 5 others like this.
  19. Harimau

Harimau Eager

Oops! I forgot about other non avian dinosaurs like Microraptor that independently evolved flight, but their mode of flight is similar to that of birds, via feathered wings, and they are closely related to the birds. Scansoriopterygids were non avian dinosaurs but their mode of flight is more akin that of bats and pterydactyls.