• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I can tell you from conversations I've had with a vendor who has created alternate uvs that wasn't the case. It's more a case of painstakingly matching up the edges of the uvs in a program like uv layout. It's quite involved and requires hiding the parts that aren't on the uv map that you're working on. So if you work on the head you hide all the other bits. My skills with UV Layout aren't good enough to do this yet, but one day I will unfortunately it is a project I wouldn't be able to share... : (

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Genesis 1 base, in general, defaults to V4 UVs. But it ships with the M4 and K4 UVs as well. Any of them can be applied from the pop up in the Surfaces tab.

But of course,V5 was released at the same time, so that immediately added the first of the character specific UVs that DAZ has been flooding us with ever since.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Too true Jodel...out of all the Genesis figures it was the one that came with the most functionality in regard to uv's and clones with backward compatibility to other figures.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I guess this product has been canned... as Daz has their own dragon and exclusive would mean this not to be released here?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
There are rather a lot of PA dragons in the DAZ store. They don't limit their dragons to just their own. Or to add-ons for their own.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The HiveWire Dragon has nothing to do with DAZ.
It is an entirely different product created here by Chris.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nothing Dreamer (unless as part of the HW animals move to Daz means Daz doesn't want a competing dragon so it gets canned)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As far as I'm concerned, nothing, since the DAZ dragon(s) are outdated, just like their MilCat and MilDog, and DAZ is too interested in going forward with their Genesis characters to even consider updating any of their animal characters. I can't imagine the last time anyone's bought any of the DAZ animals.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Nothing Dreamer (unless as part of the HW animals move to Daz means Daz doesn't want a competing dragon so it gets canned)
That's kinda what I was getting at @Rae134 :) that is there, this is here and the two are separate.
As far as I'm concerned, nothing, since the DAZ dragon(s) are outdated, just like their MilCat and MilDog, and DAZ is too interested in going forward with their Genesis characters to even consider updating any of their animal characters. I can't imagine the last time anyone's bought any of the DAZ animals.
yep, I'll be glad to get my paws on this one when its ready, sooo need a new Dragon lol

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's what I mean Dreamer, ALL the animals are going to Daz (assuming the dragon is classed as an animal). So if Daz doesn't want it, it might be canned :(

Stezza

Dances with Bees
That's why I'm asking

Does Exclusive mean any animal that Chris designs/makes/models have to be sold at Daz store?

if so, as it implies then these models here which haven't been released I guess will get canned.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I wouldn't count on that. It does say current *and future* Hivewire animals. So that means whatever is in the pipeline.

Unless, of course, DAZ has first right of refusal, and if they refuse a product, it can come back here. But so long as DAZ continues to sell Valandar's dragons (well, wyverns), and Predetron's dragons, and Dinoraul's dragons, as well as whatever others they may still have in their catalogue, I don't suppose the'll refuse Hivewire's.