• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

DanaTA

Distinguished
:( Used to be registered there...but not anymore. Don't want to put real address and phone number in just for some 3D stuff. I guess I won't have that morph.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No that's the older puppy. The newborn is Sparky's own.
Ohhh DUH!
BangHeadEmoti.gif
I should've realized that. My mistake. :(

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
:( Used to be registered there...but not anymore. Don't want to put real address and phone number in just for some 3D stuff. I guess I won't have that morph.

Dana
Fake address or slightly altered and a google email addie and used PayPal for payment method. Voila! Privacy!

DanaTA

Distinguished
As someone who runs a site, I don't like someone to tell me lies, so I won't do it to them. But, I don't collect that information on my site. I don't need it. Let PayPal deal with that kind of data. I just ask that you give me your real email address when you register. A confirmation email is sent to that address...if it's false, you'll never have the ability to log in, because that email will have a link to click to complete and activate registration. I only accept payments via PayPal. Don't want anyone's credit card numbers! I suppose if someone wants to pay by check...they'll have to wait until the check clears before they can download their purchased items. I do have a PO Box. I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay that way, though.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
As someone who runs a site, I don't like someone to tell me lies, so I won't do it to them. But, I don't collect that information on my site. I don't need it. Let PayPal deal with that kind of data. I just ask that you give me your real email address when you register. A confirmation email is sent to that address...if it's false, you'll never have the ability to log in, because that email will have a link to click to complete and activate registration. I only accept payments via PayPal. Don't want anyone's credit card numbers! I suppose if someone wants to pay by check...they'll have to wait until the check clears before they can download their purchased items. I do have a PO Box. I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay that way, though.
So sounding like you understand and have it down, and because she allows PayPal payment, what is the problem registering...exactly?
I have 2 "real" email addresses. One I do business with and one I use for what I call "junk" or non-commital browsing and data exchanging.
Not lying really since I have had both for a very long time and so used both. Just that one is easier to "trace" me and one is more difficult to trace me with.
I just don't see the problem with it! :)

DanaTA

Distinguished
So sounding like you understand and have it down, and because she allows PayPal payment, what is the problem registering...exactly?
I have 2 "real" email addresses. One I do business with and one I use for what I call "junk" or non-commital browsing and data exchanging.
Not lying really since I have had both for a very long time and so used both. Just that one is easier to "trace" me and one is more difficult to trace me with.
I just don't see the problem with it! :)

The problem is the requirement to enter your real home address, not email address, and real phone number! I try to keep such data limited to sites that actually need it for business purposes, like mortgage banks, etc.. There's no reason for a 3D shop to need this info...nothing is mailed to my home and I don't have a need for calls on my phone, I get enough spam/robo calls. Too many hackers out there looking for these things, too. I have no desire to give them one more place to grab them.

Dana

mdbruffy

Enthusiast
Does anyone have any plans to create the morphs and textures for a Malamute anytime soon? I can't believe that none of the sites I deal with have any.