• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Carey

Extraordinary
look nice and the textures of the kirin though looking good, but lose a bit of the nature of the original kirin which I love. But as usual, I was thinking of fantasy tac. Since the Kirin is a fey beast it should look fey and therefore have tac that reflects its origins. Sort of like Daios Wild Rose tac at Rosity for MilHorse. Looks functional in a delicate Fey way.
Here are some ideas of what I mean:

View attachment 17718

View attachment 17720

View attachment 17722

View attachment 17723

View attachment 17724

View attachment 17725

View attachment 17726

The same kind of tac would look great on a fey White Forest Stag or on a Warg (war Dog)

View attachment 17727

View attachment 17728
great stuffffff

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Please issue a pre-release version to Saiyaness so she can make an LAMH preset (if she is willing).

Our dear friend Laurie Prindle is working on a LAMH version for us. Doesn't mean there isn't room for more. Many breeds coming off of this Big Dog that you can see in this thread that will need hair too.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Laurie gave me permission to show her "work in progress" LAMH version for our base Big Dog.

This is so amazing. I'm just so impressed with her ability. Her attention to details, and the length variations that must be present for this to come across as believable. This is why Laurie calls this a WIP though. She's not satisfied at this point yet. She going to create more randomness, and whatever else is in her brain to make this even more believable.

You know how it is. Whatever gets put out as a finished product may seem to never be good enough for some. But we do what we can and move on and keep improving.

But this is just gorgeous work. Shows off Sparky's map work very well wouldn't you say?

ZZHWBigDogLAMH_P2.jpg

ZZBaseNew-test5Small.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sorry Laurie, I reduced the size of that last image and now it appears grainy.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
I think what the fur preset needs is a morph to make the dog look "shaved," so that the fur added on top doesn't make it look so overly puffy.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I think what the fur preset needs is a morph to make the dog look "shaved," so that the fur added on top doesn't make it look so overly puffy.

I think Laurie can direct that top hair downward to help out, so... not worried. Again it's a WIP.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
a lot of animals with fur would work better that way Sparky......could have something there.
Also the inside of the lips and tongue etc need to look wetter. Dogs have wet tongues and inner lips ......don't they? ;)

xyer0

Brilliant
Our dear friend Laurie Prindle is working on a LAMH version for us. Doesn't mean there isn't room for more. Many breeds coming off of this Big Dog that you can see in this thread that will need hair too.
Thanks, Chris, I was hoping that we would have something hairy available. I'm glad you have enlisted Laurie. The more the merrier (customers).

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
a lot of animals with fur would work better that way Sparky......could have something there.
Also the inside of the lips and tongue etc need to look wetter. Dogs have wet tongues and inner lips ......don't they? ;)

Actually, my dogs' tongues look very matte under most normal conditions. The materials do have gloss on them, and would look glossier under less soft lighting.