• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Chris THIS DOG IS GOING TO GO PLACES!!! Into EVERYONE'S runtimes!!! Just incredible...and so excited we can have an upright ear morph in the base dog (if I got that right).... Can't wait to get this fella!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a cat lover, but I get the giggles, on how my HW kitty will react to the new BIG DOG.... ideas abound!!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Love your enthusiasm Lyne. You're correct that the ears up morphs will be included with our base product.

xyer0

Brilliant
Please direct me to a post detailing the breed morphs that will come with the Hivewire Dog. If there isn't one, can someone list the breeds that are presently under way?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Too early in the creation process so far. Just working on the base figure mesh and breeds morphs and textures to come at a later date.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Base is Labrador Retriever. Chris has shown us the Boxer, Chihuahua, Dachshund, Great Dane, and Whippet morphs. I didn't find a screenshot of the German Shepherd, but in September he mentioned he needed to finish out the German Shepherd. He has also mentioned he wants to do the Bulldog, Pitbull, Terrier, and Corgi.

There will also be a Wolf from the dog base.

Chris posted this screenshot (as well as other views) of the breeds he had at this point. This was before the Whippet.

I recognize the Great Dane on the end, the Lab, Boxer, Chihuahua, and Dachshund. Third from the small end may be a Corgi?
I'm not sure what is between the Great Dane and Lab. German Shepherd and Wolf?

upload_2017-11-4_10-16-49.png

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
The Base is Labrador Retriever. Chris has shown us the Boxer, Chihuahua, Dachshund, Great Dane, and Whippet morphs. I didn't find a screenshot of the German Shepherd, but in September he mentioned he needed to finish out the German Shepherd. He has also mentioned he wants to do the Bulldog, Pitbull, Terrier, and Corgi.

There will also be a Wolf from the dog base.

Chris posted this screenshot (as well as other views) of the breeds he had at this point. This was before the Whippet.

I recognize the Great Dane on the end, the Lab, Boxer, Chihuahua, and Dachshund. Third from the small end may be a Corgi?
I'm not sure what is between the Great Dane and Lab. German Shepherd and Wolf?

View attachment 32004
It kind of looks like a Basenji

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I would not say it is a Basenji as that breed is smaller than Labs for sure, but rather looks like that along the face sculpt. A Basenji would be more towards between a Boxer and a Corgi in size. It could be any number of breeds. Not sure what kind that might be. Maybe a Coydog/Chupacabra ? However a Basenji morph would be kind of neat!

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Been working on an English Bulldog morph most of this weekend. This one is very challenging, but I'm confident I can get a good look out of this base Big Cat mesh. Working on overall shaping still and much to do on creating folds and such.

Very fun though.

LabWork253.JPG
LabWork254.JPG

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I don't think anyone has done one of those. There are a lot of short-faced dog breeds out there, but most of them seem to be small dogs, or something like the Boxer. Not a stocky, "square-built" dog like the classic English John Bull.