• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
A good storyteller always believes the story they are telling, elsewise the people listening/reading the story won't feel it, won't be able to get lost in it because it will fall flat. ;)

At least that's what I believe, so that is my story and you bet I'm sticking with it!
Until some smarty butt kid fact checks our blithely spun tale on google and then our credibility is toast!!!
I hate google sometimes!!!!!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Okay... we aim to please. This is a start of a Whippet. Gotta work over the neck more still and shorten the ears. Fun, sleek lil' girl though.

View attachment 29660

View attachment 29661

View attachment 29662

View attachment 29663

Oooh! Here's my whippet! :D (Bit of a funny angle, I need better pics of my dog)

TailleferMay2013005.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I see there is a curvature of the spine at the back end and then a slop that leads into the tail bones. Also the legs look a bit more slender to me as well. I have a friend on Facebook that has a great love of Whippet's and his are thick necks and small heads with big eyes. They look like cartoon dogs to me! lol

Dreamfarmer

Inspired
I thought about running around barking again, but decided to take it easy this time instead. Still, register my ever-increasing enthusiasm over here. The puppy and infant puppy are both ADORABLE.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I see there is a curvature of the spine at the back end and then a slop that leads into the tail bones. Also the legs look a bit more slender to me as well. I have a friend on Facebook that has a great love of Whippet's and his are thick necks and small heads with big eyes. They look like cartoon dogs to me! lol

Yes, with some the head and neck are a similar circumference so the collar can be inclined to slip off. Also the neck tends to be very cylindrical, without visible tendons or dulaps. The tuck-up in the belly just at the front of the hind legs is so thin side to side that it's translucent in mine, and near the back of the back leg at the joint similarly you can see the light through the skin. The arch of the spine rises back up to the hight of the highest point of the shoulder, and the top of the neck arches forward into the back of the skull. There's an old rhyme about greyhounds or whippets:

A head like a snake,
A neck like a drake,
A back like a beam*,
The sides of a bream**,
Be footed like a cat***
Have a tail like a rat

* I assume they mean one of the curved roof beams of the kind that were sometimes re-purposed ships timbers
** A type of fish, flat-sided
*** The feet are quite different to those of a Labrador, being very bony/knobbly with the center two toes noticeably further forward than the outer two toes. The pads of the back feet, upside-down, look like little teddy bears.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Cool info, thanks so much for sharing and that poem is just too cute! lol

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay. Thanks for the feedback on the Whippet. I'll beef up the neck more and make it more tubular. I'll also see if the eyes need to be bigger. As to the back arch, I see that vary a lot based on stance. So I'll probably leave that alone. I'll also tweak the feet.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Thank you! I'll try to get some good reference pics if I can, if that would help, but no promises- it's hard to get him to stand still!

Edit (and edit again, to clarify)- I found a few shots from a couple of years ago. I'd especially like nice feet and ears, the feet in particular were something I really disliked about the MilDog (they were/are just big clumpy blobs), and the ears could be better (they did/do have better shape than the feet, but not the mobility of ears). The large body/limb shapes and dimensions are generally quite easy to manipulate with scaling and maybe a few magnets in Poser, but feet and ears are too complex for that.
TailleferAug2015 033.JPG TailleferAug2015 015.JPGTailleferAug2015 046.JPG TailleferAug2015 021.JPG TailleferAug2015 006.JPG TailleferAug2015 025.JPG

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Diva definitely. I think the puppy, when standing, may be too overpowering for Luna. Of course, lying down, Luna could "ride" him like a pony. ;)
Never understood the thought of getting a puppy for a baby. Not a parent, so I don't know, but I just think that's "cuteness" run amok in the parent's mind. That baby is going to be a "baby" a lot longer than that puppy is going to be a "puppy". And neither puppies or babies have a developed sense of their own strengths. Like I said, I'm not a parent, but if I were, think I'd wait until my baby was a toddler before getting him a dog.