• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sooooo....

For folks wondering why I haven't been updating efforts on our Dawn 2, I've been REMODELING the mane on our Tiger. I'm almost there now. Just a couple more well placed hair sheets, then I'll move to creating the UVs tomorrow.

If all goes well I should have this to Laurie for mapping in a matter of a few days.

Here are several screen grabs of my efforts.

View attachment 52608

View attachment 52609

View attachment 52610

View attachment 52611

View attachment 52612

View attachment 52613

View attachment 52614

View attachment 52615

View attachment 52616
I'm so happy for this I think I might cry!! LOL TONY the TIGER!! WOOT!! TIGER LILIES!!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I can finally upgrade Tiger In Lilies!!
TigerLilies copy.jpg

Harimau

Eager
Sooooo....

For folks wondering why I haven't been updating efforts on our Dawn 2, I've been REMODELING the mane on our Tiger. I'm almost there now. Just a couple more well placed hair sheets, then I'll move to creating the UVs tomorrow.

If all goes well I should have this to Laurie for mapping in a matter of a few days.

Here are several screen grabs of my efforts.

View attachment 52608

View attachment 52609

View attachment 52610

View attachment 52611

View attachment 52612

View attachment 52613

View attachment 52614

View attachment 52615

View attachment 52616
WOW! At long last, a Tiger!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Chris, does this mean we might just see a leopard soon????? Curious minds (at least this one) wants to know. ;)

Harimau

Eager
An Ancient Snow Leopard!

Panthera blytheae, a fossil Snow Leopard discovered in Tibetan Himalayas, is a sort of "missing Link". Among the felines, the big cats were the first group to split off from a common ancestor into their own branch (the small cats split off later) and the oldest fossil of a big cat ever found was Panthera blytheae. It is a sister species to the modern Snow Leopard, Panthera uncia, its closest relative. It is about the size of a clouded leopard, 10% smaller than the living Snow Leopard based on the size of the cranium (only the skull and jaw were discovered). As a sister to the snow leopard, it can't be the oldest big cat fossil out there, although it suggests a great stability in the adaptations of the snow leopard line over millions of years. So there may be even more cat discoveries to come from the Tibetan Plateau.

For more information see Fossil Find Clears Up Big Cat Origins.
Read the original Paper: https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/full/10.1098/rspb.2013.2686.

Panthera blytheae
Panthera_blytheae.ngsversion.1522330046646.adapt.1900.1.jpg

big-cat-fossil-panthera-bly.jpg

The closest living relative of the Snow Leopard is the Tiger. The Jaguar, Lion and Leopard diverge later and are on a separate line of descent.