• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

D

Deleted member 325

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My...

Oh, wait, still no bear yet...

Love the look of the Lion so far.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Give it some time Kage. I'm sure a HW Bear will appear at some point. I wouldn't mind one of those myself.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Here! Steady on young lady! I'm having visions of Queen (with Freddie Mercury as Mowgli) breaking into the soundtrack with....

Jungle, jungle, jungle, jungle rock!
Jungle, jungle, jungle, jungle rock!
I wanna live in CGI!
And do the jungle, jungle, jungle, jungle rock...

and I haven't even seen the film yet! :squee:

Zaarin

Brilliant
Oh wow. I just finished watching The Jungle Book. Other than Mowgli ... it was all CGI?!? That's like ... incredible. I wanna live in CGI!
I'm the opposite. I hate films that abuse CGI (*glares at the Star Wars prequels and the ineffable abominations that are The Hobbit films*); I'm far more impressed by films that know how and when to use props, puppets, and models (*gives due credit to Abrams for The Force Awakens, even if the plot and acting were middling*). I may have quibbles with them regarding tone and interpretations, but the details in the props, sets, and costumes in the Lord of the Rings films never fail to take my breath away.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I may have quibbles with them regarding tone and interpretations, but the details in the props, sets, and costumes in the Lord of the Rings films never fail to take my breath away.

One of the coolest things I think about that, was that they specially wove the fabrics to have different sized weaves. So the hobbits clothes had very large weave in the fabric, but with the effects used to make the actors looks smaller, it meant the size of the weave looked correct.

And yes, I think there is a tendency to over use CGI. It's great for certain things, but it can be really overused. I actually sometimes think it's the worst in Superhero movies. Although the animators have gotten better about adding weight to CGI characters, so often their movements looks rubbery and to light (and I'm not talking about Mr. Fantastic).

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Interesting detail about the cloth for it to be a larger weave they would have needed to use a thicker yarn when weaving. Hmmm...must look into that. Thanks for the info GG!

Zaarin

Brilliant
One of the coolest things I think about that, was that they specially wove the fabrics to have different sized weaves. So the hobbits clothes had very large weave in the fabric, but with the effects used to make the actors looks smaller, it meant the size of the weave looked correct.

And yes, I think there is a tendency to over use CGI. It's great for certain things, but it can be really overused. I actually sometimes think it's the worst in Superhero movies. Although the animators have gotten better about adding weight to CGI characters, so often their movements looks rubbery and to light (and I'm not talking about Mr. Fantastic).
Like I said, their attention to detail in props and sets never fails to take my breath away. If only they'd paid the same attention to the plot. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Angela, not sure if I've said this yet but welcome to the Hive! I believe there are plans to do a tiger but I'm not sure where in the timeline it is. : )

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
BigCatSkeletonWIP02.jpg

BigCatSkeletonWIP01.jpg