• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm thinking I have the base mane for our Lion done now. Will create some morphs now for movement options. I'll add in some fur on his elbows and over the tip of the tail still too.

leopard321.JPG

leopard322.JPG

leopard323.JPG

leopard328.JPG

leopard328.JPG

leopard329.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Most definitely, and I love the silvery looking renders/screenshots, but I think that's a Modo thing, IIRC.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Definitely not Tearalong the dotted lion (who was a puppet if I remember correctly).

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
beautiful Chris.
Chris you may want to check out some male lion photos. The mane on most of the ones I have seen comes down on the center of the forehead in what could be described as a widows peak on humans. Definately adding hair tufts to chin, elbows and chest growing further to belly and loins would go a long way in making this a wonderfully realistic creature.
The nicest looking male images I have seen have that mane darker in back and shoulders and neck and lighter growing forward around face.
Also male "parts" are pretty pronounced on male lions especially alphas. Hope that is also taken into consideration even if an on and off switch is included or as an add-on "accessory".
I have not picked up the big cat yet but when this is released I will and not because it will be required to seed the male but because if this comes out looking as good as I hope it will be a pleasure to get this creature..

Last edited:

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
All we need now is a lamp-post and a faun with an umbrella!

I'd love to see a head-on shot with the full mane? Pretty please?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
FANTASTIC work, Chris! After seeing my Tarzan movie again, can't wait to have his lion friends in an art piece, along with the great apes! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ohhhhh DUH!!! The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe....and/or the movie??!! Very cool art VB!