• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Actually the horse and its spinoffs were originally based on the Dawn mesh. But that mesh has been changed considerably and would no longer match up.

However, there is a WiP screen grab showing that a human head, based on Dusk was being played with as a possible morph. And the gorilla was entirely built as a morph for Dusk.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am tiring to wait for the big cat but going nuts in the waiting looks so much better the daz big cat.

It's coming. Not too much longer now. We're on the home stretch. Laurie's working over seams on her maps and material settings and such, and Paul is adding in some sweet controls, and having me create some JCM's for refinement.

It's going to be an amazing animal. Dare I say, even better then our Harry.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Dracona...

@Chris, someone asked earlier about squish morphs for the paws? Have you already done some or do you have any plans for them? It would be a great morph to have...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Chris, these are absolutely amazing!

Better than Harry?!? That's going to be one amazing cat then. As if we can't tell that from what you've posted.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Can it curl its toes under? Cats do that. A lot. They can even grab things and manipulate them. They can certainly reach up and curl their toes around things like branches.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Welcome to the Hive Dracona...

@Chris, someone asked earlier about squish morphs for the paws? Have you already done some or do you have any plans for them? It would be a great morph to have...

I'll be creating one on Monday as a JCM for a natural look.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Actually the horse and its spinoffs were originally based on the Dawn mesh. But that mesh has been changed considerably and would no longer match up.

However, there is a WiP screen grab showing that a human head, based on Dusk was being played with as a possible morph. And the gorilla was entirely built as a morph for Dusk.

Very true on that first sentence.

As to your second sentence, this head was created backwards from the Big Cat head as a pure morph to get a human head from it. This has been by far my most challenging morph to date. I thought it would make a cool Sphinx look. Not sure how this morph will eventually manifest itself. As a Sphinx set I guess.

Your third statement is entirely true. Good to know folks are paying attention.

leopard189.JPG
leopard190.JPG

Dracona

Motivated
Thank you for the welcomes I have been watching this one for a while now. and harry is great way better then daz horse 2 I love him. that's why I want the big cat when it comes out its not even done yet and already looks better then daz big cat.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's rather amazing what cats can do with their paws and toes. I get a kick out of it every time that Tsuki grabs a toy with her teeth, then uses her paws to secure the toy in her mouth before taking off like a crazed cat.

She also amazed me a couple weekends ago after managing to squeeze between my solution to keep her from climbing the balcony screen and the balcony door. (Said solution was the wire mesh shelving unit that comes in squares and you put it together with connectors.) Her climbing woke me out of a deep sleep, and it took me a few minutes to realize what woke me. She had climbed high enough I couldn't reach her (being 5' 1" results in things like that frequently). I'm trying to figure out how to get her out from behind the shelving when she turned upside down and started climbing DOWN the wire mesh. Now that I wasn't expecting. Then she apparently decided this wasn't good enough and turned sideways and started climbing across the mesh. That got her close enough to me I could slide my arm under her and she then climbed over my arm.

I disassembled the shelving that night.

I had declawed cats that climbed trees using their pads to grip, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised Tsuki can climb upside down :p

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Also a brief update on where we're at on the Big Cat.

Our first round is going to beta by end of today. Laurie is getting very close and is doing final map adjustments and dealing with seams and such.

Our Big cat has 64 morphs that I've made for him. Paul has broken some of those out as left and right (ears, eyes, whiskers, paws and such), and top and bottom (teeth morphs). After he adds these in and the controls he made for tail movements and such, and JCMs I've been creating, we'll have over 100 morphs in this base Leopard product.

It's going to be worth the wait, and worth every penny. My hope is that even if folks can't think of how to use a leopard in their renders today, that they'll go ahead and get this animal anyway, and find a way to work it in. It will be that good.

Paul will also create a base 10 poses for this base product. Laurie will create some killer product shots for sure. I believe she's still planning on releasing her GORGEOUS Black Panther map as a separate product that is slated to be ready on release of this base Big Cat/Leopard/Kitty.

We'll be releasing a Leopard Cub as well, but currently aren't sure of the timing. Not sure if we'll have it on release of Big Cat or soon there after. We have to pin that down still. We're juggling a lot right now with Sora for Dawn, Baby Gorilla, Mamma Gorilla, Dragon work and House Cat, among other things.

Carey

Extraordinary
Real paws and not "clubs" where you have to find a way to hide them imagine that, I don't know whether to cheer or cry for joy...