• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
looks good Chris.
also works if wanting to create a sense of motion or ambient winds in a render.
For something like this are there going to be loose strands on forehead as well to make it look more random and roughed?
Wanted to ask here if anyone has seen the History of the Cat on one of the science channels (here it is 26 on cable) not sure of it was a PBS or WETA.....bad remembering stuff like that sine I just turn the dial until something strikes my fancy and then sit mesmerized for an hour or four!.......like a kid!!!!
Fascinating watch of some of the most popular breeds, world migrations and origins. I never knew there was a Cheetah-lkie big cat and a primitive ancestor of the African Lion here in the Americas for instance.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lion is really looking great.

And absolutely, need a Cowardly Lion!

This was my 2011 version of the Tin Man (clutched by "flying monkeys"), Scarecrow (all in Black on ground), and the Cowardly Lion (dude on back on ground).

It was fun to put together, but an absolute nightmare to render since there are three M4s and all that ivy.

Defeated.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looking good, Chris! Will you be doing asymmetrical morphs- for example, for windblown to either side and twisted clockwise/anticlockwise around his face? I know those are ones I've wished for on Harry's fetlocks (well, not twisting around the horse's FACE, naturally!). Or maybe I missed something about it earlier in the thread.

I'll see what I can come up with. There's soooo many hair sheets to manipulate and morph around. It's actually quite taxing.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
looks good Chris.
For something like this are there going to be loose strands on forehead as well to make it look more random and roughed?

I can do some randomizing. Good idea.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Lion is really looking great.

And absolutely, need a Cowardly Lion!

This was my 2011 version of the Tin Man (clutched by "flying monkeys"), Scarecrow (all in Black on ground), and the Cowardly Lion (dude on back on ground).

It was fun to put together, but an absolute nightmare to render since there are three M4s and all that ivy.

View attachment 33644

Always love to see your work Satira. Such a beautiful style. I signature for sure.

Harimau

Eager
looks good Chris.
Wanted to ask here if anyone has seen the History of the Cat on one of the science channels (here it is 26 on cable) not sure of it was a PBS or WETA.....bad remembering stuff like that sine I just turn the dial until something strikes my fancy and then sit mesmerized for an hour or four!.......like a kid!!!!
Fascinating watch of some of the most popular breeds, world migrations and origins. I never knew there was a Cheetah-lkie big cat and a primitive ancestor of the African Lion here in the Americas for instance.
Have not seen the Program. The American Cheetah, Miracinonyx, probably descended from the cougar and is not a real Cheetah. The Lion evolved in Africa, not America. The only lions found in America are the extinct American Lion, Panthera leo atrox, and Cave Lion, Panthera leo spelaea , the former probably derived from the latter, which migrated from Eurasia. The only big cats preceding the Lion are the Sabertooths, namely, Amphimachairodus coloradensis and Nimravides catacopsis .

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Have not seen the Program. The American Cheetah, Miracinonyx, probably descended from the cougar and is not a real Cheetah. The Lion evolved in Africa, not America. The only lions found in America are the extinct American Lion, Panthera leo atrox, and Cave Lion, Panthera leo spelaea , the former probably derived from the latter, which migrated from Eurasia. The only big cats preceding the Lion are the Sabertooths, namely, Amphimachairodus coloradensis and Nimravides catacopsis .
What I have always known but according to researchers of the show who based their supposedly, on genetic testing and excavations findings that is not the way it went. I now nothing and just base my comments on what i have read and heard.
Like I said the show was really interesting.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks great Chris. So the last screen grab is the base or the top one? I like the top one as it's laying more naturally rather than fluffed up when on the run or snarling like you have him doing.