• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Any idea when the lion is coming out?

Here's what I do know.

-The Lion and Lioness base shapes are complete. And all mane, tail, and elbow tuffs are UVed.
-I do still need to enlarge the canines, but that is super easy to do.
-Laurie Prindle has shown us internally the mane texture for the mane I've made, and her maps are AMAZING. I'm so impressed with her work. And I'm not talking about the Poser hair, or LAMH that she's done, that's great too, but the hair sheets that I've modeled, Laurie has done a super job on. But... she hasn't been ready to show folks here yet, perhaps before too long, not sure.
-Our HiveWire Big Dog is in final QAV, and hopefully Sparky is starting on product imagery now. Paul is working on DAZ Studio Icons and Poser too. I mention this because shortly Paul will be freed up to get back on rigging adjustments for Lion, which should not be too far off from the Big Cat base I would think. Paul's priority now will be to add in the Faces of the World morphs that I've made for Dawn, and get that product ready for release, Lisa will work up product imagery for that one. Then... THEN... Paul will be on the Lion full time till it's done. And I'm hoping Laurie will find time to wrap up her gorgeous map work for the Lion, Lioness, and cub.

Then, release.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yep I am picking away at the base Lion (Male Lion with Chris's mane etc, Lioness and Cub). Aiming to get back on on all that full time after the holidays are over. I might be able to show off Chris's VERY COOL mane, tail and elbow tufts sooner. I have a very good start on the mane but haven't done the tail or tufts yet. Also looking to do some transitional work between the modeled mane and the lion face and see how that goes too:) But yeah our Lion family is gonna rock!!

Not sure when I will get the Poser and LAMH hair add-ons done but frankly Chris's modeled hair is so good (and will have morphs, right Chris?) I'll likely just pick away at those add-ons later on down the road.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yep I am picking away at the base Lion (Male Lion with Chris's mane etc, Lioness and Cub). Aiming to get back on on all that full time after the holidays are over. I might be able to show off Chris's VERY COOL mane, tail and elbow tufts sooner. I have a very good start on the mane but haven't done the tail or tufts yet. Also looking to do some transitional work between the modeled mane and the lion face and see how that goes too:) But yeah our Lion family is gonna rock!!

Not sure when I will get the Poser and LAMH hair add-ons done but frankly Chris's modeled hair is so good (and will have morphs, right Chris?) I'll likely just pick away at those add-ons later on down the road.

Yeah, yeah mane morphs for sure. Gotta do those too. Just forgot to write that down here, but I do have it in my project notebook as a priority.

quietrob

Extraordinary
My usual problem is that I have more ideas than time. I must admit I'm tempted to play around with the idea, but I simply don't have time. The model ought to be pretty easy though, and have polygons that are as consistent in size as possible.

Cheers,

Cliff
A stole, both conforming and dynamic would please everyone. Either way, It's nice to know that elegance is still loved. Back to my self taught classes!

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Not to derail the thread from the totally awesome feline news, but there is an "ancient" bearskin capelet for Michael 4 on sharecg. It is Poser dynamic cloth, with Poser dynamic hair on it. I've tried the principle on a few other items as well, and it works very nicely.

Hoping too that Santa was listening elsewhere to the idea of adding dForce support to the lion's mane, just so I don't have to do it myself... ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Our HiveWire Big Dog is in final QAV, and hopefully Sparky is starting on product imagery now. Paul is working on DAZ Studio Icons and Poser too

ooo ooo oooo! "How much is that doggie in the window....the one with the waggely tail....".... humming, face pressed against the window... OPEN OPEN OPEN (the door of the store... ) SO EXCITED!!! or can you tell?

and of course will fall down in a fainting ecstasy for the Lion family... you all are the BEST= having animals that are "mom, dad and baby" versions of each... TOO COOL!!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
ooo ooo oooo! "How much is that doggie in the window....the one with the waggely tail....".... humming, face pressed against the window... OPEN OPEN OPEN (the door of the store... ) SO EXCITED!!! or can you tell?

and of course will fall down in a fainting ecstasy for the Lion family... you all are the BEST= having animals that are "mom, dad and baby" versions of each... TOO COOL!!!

Lyne, you're awesome.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Enlarged the canines tonight. Onto mane morphs.

Leopard388.JPG

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
If the lion's mane can be put onto other animals, can it be put onto the house cat? (I had that question from my house mate when I described the leopard with the mane.) Actually, good question because I've seen house cats with a huge amount of fur over the shoulders and this might be a way to do that. Eventually.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
If the lion's mane can be put onto other animals, can it be put onto the house cat? (I had that question from my house mate when I described the leopard with the mane.) Actually, good question because I've seen house cats with a huge amount of fur over the shoulders and this might be a way to do that. Eventually.

I don't see why not, it would just be a matter of positioning the hair sheets. They're already UVed now.

I mean... eventually. Right?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Been working in some time on Lion Mane morphs. Here's a full mane flare morph. So far only the head portion is complete. Still need to flare out the neck and shoulders portions.

First one is the base for comparison. The second is flared out. The third one is in the opposite direction for a matted look. The forth and fifth images are the flare at 50%. Could be used for a fuller mane, or perhaps for a more alert appearance for fighting.

Leopard392.JPG

Leopard393.JPG

Leopard394.JPG

Leopard395.JPG

Leopard396.JPG

Once I finish this morph I'm moving on to a longer mane morph, particularly around the neck portion.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
or perhaps for a more alert appearance for fighting.

Is that like a house cat puffing up when it is afraid of something? Do lions do that? It'd be a useful morph even if they don't because *someone* at *some time* is going to want to make a Cowardly Lion.....

Harimau

Eager
Is that like a house cat puffing up when it is afraid of something? Do lions do that? It'd be a useful morph even if they don't because *someone* at *some time* is going to want to make a Cowardly Lion.....
No, it's to make himself look bigger. More threatening than being afraid.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Looking good, Chris! Will you be doing asymmetrical morphs- for example, for windblown to either side and twisted clockwise/anticlockwise around his face? I know those are ones I've wished for on Harry's fetlocks (well, not twisting around the horse's FACE, naturally!). Or maybe I missed something about it earlier in the thread.