• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I agree with the decision to make the boots flat, I was just stating that most of the heroines in the comics have some sort of high heel. It's a fetish thing I am sure, as you stated, it's not practical. I myself tend to create flat boots or boots with an enforced sole and heel because it makes more sense. And Black Widow in the Marvel movies wore tactical boots. Wonder Woman is wearing armored sandals.

eclark1894

Visionary
Checking to see the interest in this, since superhero outfits became somewhat of a niche for me at Rendo...

I agree with the flat boots, but from talking to a lot of online comic creators, I've come to realize that the unrealistic high heel and stiletto heel are a staple of heroines. I altered a pair of Wonder Woman boots I created when someone requested them.

But you are doing some really nice work on this. I especially like the poses.
Just as an aside, Wonder Woman's boots started out as heeled all the way back in 1941. If you squint at the cover of this mag, you can make out the heels on her right boot.

SensationComics.jpg

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I agree with the decision to make the boots flat, I was just stating that most of the heroines in the comics have some sort of high heel. It's a fetish thing I am sure, as you stated, it's not practical. I myself tend to create flat boots or boots with an enforced sole and heel because it makes more sense. And Black Widow in the Marvel movies wore tactical boots. Wonder Woman is wearing armored sandals.

Yeah I agree, it's a fetish. Because even after a fight, with grave injuries, the heels remain intact. :D
She-Hulk wears boots without heels, maybe because she wears high heels daily as a lawyer. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Wonder Woman's whole origin was based in greek mythology. Sandals were very practical to be worn into battle for that time and era.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Wonder Woman's whole origin was based in greek mythology. Sandals were very practical to be worn into battle for that time and era.
Yeah, she's had several origin stories over the years. We all know her creator was into S&M, so her outfit, stature and lasso were all based on that.
The sandals she wears in the movie have the armored shin guards and do look like something the Greeks would have worn in battle. Overall, I am fairly impressed with her look. I was skeptical at first, but seeing the trailers changed my mind. I am overseas, and hopefully I will be able to see the movie soon.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
How did I miss this? I love superheros and I can't wait to get my hands on these poses! :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking good...depending on how tight fitting you want the suit you may want to consider custom morphs to stop it from clinging quite so tight in the cleavage. It would help with distortion on the emblem.

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Looking good...depending on how tight fitting you want the suit you may want to consider custom morphs to stop it from clinging quite so tight in the cleavage. It would help with distortion on the emblem.

Yep, it needs custom morphs for soccer ball boobs. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very true...are you doing this in DS? Autofit has a tendency to do that when you dial in the new shapes unless they are custom. We really need some cleavage fixer morphs like Zev does for Dawn...