• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Here's another or my nutty ideas...

I think the Poser should remain independent and / or should be independent. One looks not soon, because many things are already under pose offered and are then only intended for daz, I find "measure", because so one quickly made a fault.

Nod

Adventurous
I have a quick question. What would you guys think of a Poser creator web directory? Basically it would be a list of vendors who create content primarily, but not exclusively for Poser and a link to the store or site where their products can be found? It's something I've been thinking about for a while now. Maybe even doing it like a old Yahoo directory. With categories (TBD) and such.

As a non DS user, I'd find it really useful.

eclark1894

Visionary
BTW, for all you guys who are CA's here at Hivewire, you should seriously consider putting a link in your signatures to your products here.

eclark1894

Visionary
Sorry to respond so late! Yes, they're all at Rendo. A lot of them make dynamic clothes (Sshodan, Tipol, Frequency, Lully, etc.).

At this point I only really know of 4 brokerages. One is here, and I find it so easy to find Poser content here that it's not even an issue who makes it. The others are Rendo, DAZ, and CG Bytes. I don't know anyone but HW3D who's currently making content for Poser at DAZ. Old content, sure, but I don't think that's a significant draw or interest to people in general. CG Bytes isn't a place I'm terribly comfortable with myself. I've nothing against erotica, but where it goes I find creepy. So even if it were OK to link to there (which I'm not sure it is, due to the content), I'm not going to hunt around there for content. I'm not against the site, and I do pop in there every several months or so to see what's going on with their Poser figure, but generally speaking I'm not going to hang out there. So Rendo is kind of it when it comes to me searching for Poser vendors.
QUOTE]

As far as Renderotica goes, I do have an Adult Content category. Any vendor that makes content like that will be in that category, so if you don't want to go there, you don't have to.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am glad you are adding the links to Renderotica with warning, at least that way no one should be shocked at what they see.

There is a great deal at Renderotica that I find distasteful but for all that there is the odd item that can be useful and I am not talking about the sex items. For example, there are some really good props if you are trying to create a dungeon or historic scene and some really good sci-fi stuff you cannot get elsewhere.

eclark1894

Visionary
I am glad you are adding the links to Renderotica with warning, at least that way no one should be shocked at what they see.

There is a great deal at Renderotica that I find distasteful but for all that there is the odd item that can be useful and I am not talking about the sex items. For example, there are some really good props if you are trying to create a dungeon or historic scene and some really good sci-fi stuff you cannot get elsewhere.
I understand most people's distaste of Renderotica, but at the same time I also feel that most people know or suspect wht they will see there. If I put a sign on a trail that says "WARNING, sheer cliff ahead, sudden drop off" and someone goes up the trail anyway, well that's on them.

Hornet3d

Wise
I understand most people's distaste of Renderotica, but at the same time I also feel that most people know or suspect wht they will see there. If I put a sign on a trail that says "WARNING, sheer cliff ahead, sudden drop off" and someone goes up the trail anyway, well that's on them.

Agreed.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm... this isn't working out the way I had hoped. I wanted to design this to be reminiscent of the old Yahoo directory from years ago, but I see now I'm going to have to take a slightly different tack. My plan now is to continue to list the categories which will be the first page of the directory. Clicking the category will take you to a page which lists vendors who create content for Poser that belongs in that category. Clicking on the vendor's name will take you to the store page which lists his products in that store.

All links to content that is adult or sexual in nature, (this may include some clothing items such as lingerie, ropes , chains and whips) will be presented in Red Bold Text.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hmm... this isn't working out the way I had hoped. I wanted to design this to be reminiscent of the old Yahoo directory from years ago, but I see now I'm going to have to take a slightly different tack. My plan now is to continue to list the categories which will be the first page of the directory. Clicking the category will take you to a page which lists vendors who create content for Poser that belongs in that category. Clicking on the vendor's name will take you to the store page which lists his products in that store.

All links to content that is adult or sexual in nature, (this may include some clothing items such as lingerie, ropes , chains and whips) will be presented in Red Bold Text.

That certainly stands out.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Which tutorial are you looking for? I know she has some products here in our store, but she also has a store at DAZ. I have her Cloth Room Master Class tutorial, but I bought it when she still had her store at RDNA.

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Which tutorial are you looking for? I know she has some products here in our store, but she also has a store at DAZ. I have her Cloth Room Master Class tutorial, but I bought it when she still had her store at RDNA.
Any Tutorial would suffice. The Cloth Room Master Class would be great if it's still for sale somewhere.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I think she has it in her DAZ store. She has a number of other tutorials there as well, but they're DS related, though I saw one about rigging, and I didn't notice it say anything about one specific software, so it might work for both Poser and DS. You should check that out, because I always assumed rigging was different in both apps, and some folks have mentioned it's easier to do in DS first, and then convert over to Poser, rather than the other way around.

BTW, Esha is a CA here, so you might be able to get in touch with her and ask.

Edited to Add: OK, I just checked, and the lengthy description on the product page does mention DS 4.9 and ZBrush, so that one's not for Poser either.

Hornet3d

Wise

I purchased that one, again from RDNA. It was at the time I had started buying all those beautiful sets of cloths on sale here by Lully and got hooked on dynamics as a result. I found it a very useful tutorial and I must go back soon as I think I need refresh.

eclark1894

Visionary
The following text will appear on the Adult Content page of the directory.
*Warning!! This warning text will blink.
Vendors listed on this page make content for Poser that has been determined to be of an adult or sexual nature. Such content may be conidered offensive by some people and inappropriate by others particularly in certain enivironments and around children. Vendors names will be linked to their product pages or the site where their products are sold. We urge you to plese consider where you are and who is around you while you are viewing this material.

Imagine my consternation to find that the HTML code for making text flash or blink has been ruled obsolete and has been replaced by almost a half a page of code to replace what used to be one word inside brackets <blink>. Now how is that progress?

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not sure I like the idea of blinking text. Aside from the fact it's so 1990s, some folks have visual problems with anything animated, so just putting it in bright red bold text, maybe in a slightly larger font size as well, should be enough warning. Oh and you can make it solid caps, which stands out even more than just initial caps.

McGyver

Energetic
I'm very easily distracted by shiny objects...
It's quite likely I'd just stare at the blinking text endlessly until I died of starvation or someone opened a tin of tuna nearby...
I'm very easily distracted by all can opener sounds as well as jingling keys and go running towards those noises.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hard to find but there are a few still making new Poser content at Daz. Petitpet is one but easily missed if you are not into sci-fi, I have picked them up recently and they were new in store. I think there are a few others but as I cannot find a release date so I can only be sure when I actually see new content.

Flipmode still makes new content for Poser, as does Jack Tomalin.

Add Forbidden Whispers and David Brinnen to that list as well.