• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Here's another or my nutty ideas...

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
ali, 3Dream, Frequency, coflek-gnorg, Tipol, Lully, SaintFox, Sshodan, ShaaraMuse3D, and TrekkieGrrrl.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm, I know 3 Dream, Lully, and TrekkieGrrrl. Never heard ot the rest. You wouldn't happen to know where to find them would you?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
All the names I recognize (not sure about Sshodan) are from Renderosity Earl. Lully also sells here, and 3Dream, IIRC, also has a store at DAZ, but I could be wrong about that. I believe the others are only at Renderosity.

BTW, did you see my post on the previous page with a link to Snarly's web site?

eclark1894

Visionary
All the names I recognize (not sure about Sshodan) are from Renderosity Earl. Lully also sells here, and 3Dream, IIRC, also has a store at DAZ, but I could be wrong about that. I believe the others are only at Renderosity.

BTW, did you see my post on the previous page with a link to Snarly's web site?
Yes, I did Miss B. Thank you.

eclark1894

Visionary
I have a question... as I've said, I don't necessarily want to leave anyone out just because they make stuff for Studio. Here's my problem. Some people still make stuff for Poser, but they have more stuff for Studio, or you have to go through several pages of Studio stuff to find the Poser stuff. Listing Poser only vendors is convenient for finding stuff, but not listing the vendors who also make studio content leaves a lot of Poser content unsold. and continues to feed into the myth that Poser users aren't buying things. Is it important enough to you that Poser-only vendors alone be listed or do you not mind wading through a few pages of DS content to get to the Poser content?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I did Miss B. Thank you.
Good, and I also forgot to mention in my post last night about the group of vendors that are located at Renderosity, that Ali also has his own site --> Mankahoo Shop. He's mainly known for his hair products, but he's also working on a new Poser figure named Bella, and there's a beta version available for download on his site.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Is it important enough to you that Poser-only vendors alone be listed or do you not mind wading through a few pages of DS content to get to the Poser content?
If it means not missing out on Poser goodies, I'd rather go through the few pages of DS content to find what I want for Poser. I do that all the time at Renderosity, as most popular vendors now-a-days sell for both software apps, and they aren't necessarily sold as a single product, so you need to find the version for Poser.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you add a note that states a vendor is both Poser & DS or separate the list into Poser Only vendors, people will know if they have to wade through a few (or more) pages of DS content.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good point Satira, as that at least gives folks a heads-up so they'll know what they're in for.

eclark1894

Visionary
How about placing a big red asterisk Next to the name? The thing is a lot of vendors have products for both Studio and Poser in the same store. It'd be really nice if the vendors themselves would simply prominently point out what was Studio only and what was Poser only. Several vendors do just that at Renderosity.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, a good many of Renderosity's vendors have Poser Version or DS Version in the product title/name.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
and don't forget sometimes the product is for both platforms :)

You could have a field next to the name (assuming you are doing columns like in excel?) that say "Poser" or "Psr & DS". So people know. I'd hate to miss out on something cool because that vendor does both.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Sorry to respond so late! Yes, they're all at Rendo. A lot of them make dynamic clothes (Sshodan, Tipol, Frequency, Lully, etc.).

At this point I only really know of 4 brokerages. One is here, and I find it so easy to find Poser content here that it's not even an issue who makes it. The others are Rendo, DAZ, and CG Bytes. I don't know anyone but HW3D who's currently making content for Poser at DAZ. Old content, sure, but I don't think that's a significant draw or interest to people in general. CG Bytes isn't a place I'm terribly comfortable with myself. I've nothing against erotica, but where it goes I find creepy. So even if it were OK to link to there (which I'm not sure it is, due to the content), I'm not going to hunt around there for content. I'm not against the site, and I do pop in there every several months or so to see what's going on with their Poser figure, but generally speaking I'm not going to hang out there. So Rendo is kind of it when it comes to me searching for Poser vendors.

Sorry I'm not more helpful in that regard. If I do find another place to find Poser content, I'll definitely post here.

Personally, I'm not interested in artists who no longer make Poser content. I don't mind if they make DS content, but if it's a matter of being a former Poser artist and a current DS one, then no, I have no need to know about them. The only reason I'd need old content is if I was fulfilling a particular need, in which case I should be able to find the product by searching. Well, ideally, assuming a good search engine.

eclark1894

Visionary
Sorry to respond so late! Yes, they're all at Rendo. A lot of them make dynamic clothes (Sshodan, Tipol, Frequency, Lully, etc.).

At this point I only really know of 4 brokerages. One is here, and I find it so easy to find Poser content here that it's not even an issue who makes it. The others are Rendo, DAZ, and CG Bytes. I don't know anyone but HW3D who's currently making content for Poser at DAZ. Old content, sure, but I don't think that's a significant draw or interest to people in general. CG Bytes isn't a place I'm terribly comfortable with myself. I've nothing against erotica, but where it goes I find creepy. So even if it were OK to link to there (which I'm not sure it is, due to the content), I'm not going to hunt around there for content. I'm not against the site, and I do pop in there every several months or so to see what's going on with their Poser figure, but generally speaking I'm not going to hang out there. So Rendo is kind of it when it comes to me searching for Poser vendors.

Sorry I'm not more helpful in that regard. If I do find another place to find Poser content, I'll definitely post here.

Personally, I'm not interested in artists who no longer make Poser content. I don't mind if they make DS content, but if it's a matter of being a former Poser artist and a current DS one, then no, I have no need to know about them. The only reason I'd need old content is if I was fulfilling a particular need, in which case I should be able to find the product by searching. Well, ideally, assuming a good search engine.

Interestingly enough, I was justt at CGbytes, looking through their vendor list. There is a lot of older Poser content there including from some interesting vendors. After the drubbing he took at Renderosity for his Scarlet figure, I can't say i blame him, but I found Sixus 1 has a store there. Some of it is newer and DS Only. Most of the rest is Poser only.

And i can't find Frequency at Rendo. Can someone give me a link?

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I could have sworn I just saw that Sixus1 had moved to DAZ recently. Yep: Sixus1 Media at DAZ. Since CG Bytes seems to be related to Renderotica (pretty sure it's the same people, the same way the same people used to have a comic book character site- Animotions IIRC?), I think the Sixus1 presence there goes way back.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm, of course everything from Sixus 1 at Daz is Studio only. I guess he did decide to leave Poser. Again, can't say I blame him. Some of these users are their own worse enemy.

Hornet3d

Wise

Hard to find but there are a few still making new Poser content at Daz. Petitpet is one but easily missed if you are not into sci-fi, I have picked them up recently and they were new in store. I think there are a few others but as I cannot find a release date so I can only be sure when I actually see new content.