• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Heeere, Kitty Kitty - Welcome the HiveWire Big Cat!!!!!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Congratulations on the incredible Hivewire Big Cat release! I just had a quick play with it in DS and Iray and it's absolutely beautiful. It's perfection! Everything is top notch, from the modelling and rigging to the beautiful textures. All the little details just bring it to life. The first thing I do when I install something textured by Laurie is to go look at the textures. So gorgeous @_@

Fantastic work, guys! Looking forward to cats and dogs in the future! :)

Cooking a render right now with Saiyaness's vitiligo model: Imari and Big kitty. A match made in heaven!

pRabbit

So, uh, I'm a bit spoiled now, since I finally came around to play with the kitty - in general, my reaction consisted of the following phrases: "Wow!", "Wait, you can do that?", "Cats don't seem to abide the laws of physics at all, and that is good" and, of all things, "Want to hug!". This cat raises the bar for animal models in Studio/Poser quite a bit in my humble opinion and is a step up above the already excellent Harry (that's the horse's name, right?). Amazing work, big kudos to all the creators involved

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey pRabbit, welcome to the hive! Gotta agree...they all did a fantsstic job and I'm waiting to see what comes next. Chris keeps posting teasers but I'm hoping for a domestic cat!

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
There has been a small update to Kitty -
Please see this post for info, and subscribe to the thread it's in for notice of updates.

Maybe I'm still half asleep this morning, but could you tell me just where the thread you're refering to is ? A "Small update" isn't referring to the cub, is it?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I think Alisa is talking about this thread Product Updates - Main Notification

Yes, there was a small update to the big cat and the cub. Paul tweaked some ingredients to make them even fluffier and more delicious! Yes, you would need to download again to get updates.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry, folks - I was headed out for the day as I posted and meant to post the link to the update thread that Lisa posted (thanks!).

Please subscribe to THAT thread, the update notification thread, and ALL the information you need on updates will be listed there when products are updated:

Product Updates - Main Notification

eclark1894

Visionary
And thank YOU, Chris! You're a modeling machine. If I could get as organized as you are, I might actually finish one of my models one day.
I should actually clarify this statement as I actually finish the majority of the models I start. If I was to start giving them away for free, you guys would have an unending trickle (well, drip) of props and stuff coming from me. It's when I get past the modeling point that i get into trouble and stall out. Especially when I run into rules for packaging things up and especially when we're talking two different formats, Poser and DS. Scares me to a standstill because I just know I'm going to do something wrong or stupid.

Quick story: I've been playing with Poser since Poser 2, so I've been around for a while. I used to love making poses for Aiko 3, my favorite figure at the time. So I thought I'd try to make some poses to sell at DAZ. I didn't really know the ins and outs of selling anything, I still don't I guess, but thought I'd give it a shot. Sent in the poses and it was rejected. I either don't remember why or they didn't tell me, but either way, kind of put me out of the mood for trying to make anything else to sell. I kept making poses for free. You can even still find some of them around in places. And I got even better over time. Never tried to sell them anymore though. Fear of failure can stop you cold.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I encourage you to try again here, Earl. If something is not accepted, we do try to tell you why, and if there are issues in terms of packaging things, don't worry about doing something wrong or stupid - just do the best you can. I work through that with our new CAs, and you'll learn as you go along. I haven't beaten up any new CAs yet ;).