• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Heeere, Kitty Kitty - Welcome the HiveWire Big Cat!!!!!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
HiveWire Big Cat - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed, Christopher Creek Art, and CWRW

BUY the HiveWire Big Cat through 11:59pm Utah time, Friday, August 12th and get the HiveWire Cub FREE upon its release!!

When the Cub is released, the zip files in your downloads for the Cub will be replaced with files containing the Cub! Subscribe to one or both of these threads to be informed about the release: New Product Releases and the Product Update thread

Let the HiveWire Big Cat come Roaring into your Runtime! This base figure includes a stunning Leopard skin and over 300 morphs and control dials.

Requires DAZ Studio 4.8+ and/or Poser 10/Pro2014+

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
And what a gorgeous kitty it is! Great work Chris, Paul and Laurie!

:doesnotsuck:

Zaarin

Brilliant
Congrats on the release! :D After pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition of Civilization VI, this lovely cat is going to steal the rest of my free funds--but I think he's worth it. :D I'm trying to convince myself I don't need the black panther, but I'm doing a very poor job of it. ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Oh MY!!!!!! I'm in the middle of a major move, but I stopped to get this amazing animal!!!!!!

Beautiful work, folks.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
This cat is simply awesome - no other words for it - Chris, Paul & Laurie did an amazing job on this! And thanks, as always, to the HW Beta & QAV Teams and the whole HW community for all the help and input!!!

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmmm, I read the requirements and what materials and objs come with the Poser version of the cat, but I also noticed that while the requirements state that Poser 10/2014 and Poser 11+ are required, I don't think I saw anything that precludes a Poser 9/PP2012 user from being able to use the cat either, is there?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Probably not Earl but Hivewire only support from Poser 10/2014 up now. Remember the thread...that is probably why it says that.

eclark1894

Visionary
Just hate to see HW lose a sale because a Poser 9 user thinks the cat won't work for him. Especially when it's something that could be so easily checked.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just hate to see HW lose a sale because a Poser 9 user thinks the cat won't work for him. Especially when it's something that could be so easily checked.

Unfortunately, it's not that easily checked - it would involve COMPLETE testing in Poser 9, and that's an extra pain because file versions for HW products now are all set to Version 10, so there are messages that pop up numerous times in some cases when you apply anything.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Got 'em! Looking forward to doing something with them. Just finished an ongoing project, so I finally have some time.

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Also the Big Cat is set up as a Unimesh figure and sub-divided at level 1, so a manual edit of the .cr2 would be required to get it to load and possibly bend correctly in Poser 9.

Jan

Adventurous
BigCat-Stretching01 Pose1.jpg
BigCat-Stretching01 Pose2.jpg

Was just trying out one of the poses, but there seems something amiss in this pose. It is the stretching pose. I zeroed it and applied the pose again in case I had done something accidently, opened the Big Cat cr2 again in a fresh canvas, applied that pose, but no go. Poser pro 2014.

This must have slipped through testing. Here is what it like. Painfull:( for the Kittty

Bye the way, he looks great

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Should be a note in the read me about the poses. They use the pose controls and morphs so you will need limits on for the 10 included poses.