• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Heeere, Kitty Kitty - Welcome the HiveWire Big Cat!!!!!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome, Angela - I know there are plans to do those at some point but not sure when.

Yes, please read the ReadMe file, folks. :)

It does say, among other important things, in the Important Notes section:

-Poses were created for use with the figure rotation Limits ON. (In Poser, Figure > Use Limits)

eclark1894

Visionary
View attachment 14106 View attachment 14107

Was just trying out one of the poses, but there seems something amiss in this pose. It is the stretching pose. I zeroed it and applied the pose again in case I had done something accidently, opened the Big Cat cr2 again in a fresh canvas, applied that pose, but no go. Poser pro 2014.

This must have slipped through testing. Here is what it like. Painfull:( for the Kittty
Nah. I've tortu-- uh, played with plenty of kitties when I was a kid. He can take it.:sneaky:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Welcome Angela Knight to our HiveWire forums!

I've thanks these folks personally, but I'll say it again here. Thank you Paul Lessard and Laurie Prindle for your wonderful passionate, and skillful input in making this base Big Cat a success.

But I haven't thanked others, so I'll do it here for starters. Thank you Alisa and your QAV team for all you do and have done to support this Big Cat and make sure it works properly. Thanks also to our Beta team and others who have given important and valuable input on our Kitty. Amazing people.

Thanks to our community for your love, support and sharing in our excitement for this Big Kitty.

And thanks to you Lisa my business partner for keeping the store running, sales going, and everything else you handle to allow us to keep driving product forward.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're very welcome, Chris, on behalf of my me & my team, who helped move this through so quickly to get it out to everyone!

And yes, Earl, definitely agree.

And Lisa's been working on getting together an AWESOME Jungle Love theme sale, so YAY, Lisa, and don't miss out on that!

Welcome to "Jungle Love!" Themed Sales Event at HiveWire 3D!

All sorts of things for your jungle scenes. And there are a few more that are in work to be added in the coming weeks!!!

Darryl

Adventurous
Congrats HW team on your latest creation. I'll have to save up a few shekels but this is definitely on my list. Great work! I'm curious though, how is HiveWire able to create figures compatible with the latest versions of Poser, Studio, and (apparently) Carrera, where as other companies and creators seem to have so much trouble? Must have something to do with skill and talent ;-)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Congrats HW team on your latest creation. I'll have to save up a few shekels but this is definitely on my list. Great work! I'm curious though, how is HiveWire able to create figures compatible with the latest versions of Poser, Studio, and (apparently) Carrera, where as other companies and creators seem to have so much trouble? Must have something to do with skill and talent ;-)

Yep. Some SERIOUS skill & talen, for sure!!! That and a lot of hard, time consuming work.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This must have slipped through testing. Here is what it like. Painfull:( for the Kittty
I doubt the beta team missed it Jan. I know I always have Use Limits set for my figures when I'm working in Poser, and that may make the difference. It's under the Figure menu. Try that and see if it works.

OK, I see I missed a couple of comments just now, so I'll reiterate what others have said, you need to Use Limits for poses like that one to work properly.

icedragonart

Admirable
So beautiful and mine as soon as I got the email lol. Just amazing. I'm in the middle of a render that's apparently decided to take all day but this will be next.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me too Angela. ;)

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yesterday I have added the kitty to my cart so FAST I didn't notice the free cub promotion! Lucky me! :D

philebus

New-Bee
There are products you ponder and products that you just buy. I didn't hesitate. Thank you all so much for a big cat that is worthy of the title, we've been waiting soooo long for one! I shall look forward to many expansions to come.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hi and welcome to the HW forums, philebus! Personally, I RARELY render animals, but the kitty is so fabulous that throwing it into my cart was a no-brainer! :D

Zaarin

Brilliant
Hi and welcome to the HW forums, philebus! Personally, I RARELY render animals, but the kitty is so fabulous that throwing it into my cart was a no-brainer! :D
I tend to find myself in a catch-22: I have very few animals in my runtime, so I rarely render animals; anytime I think about buying an animal figure I tell myself I rarely render them and end up not buying them. :rolleyes: So far, though, both the Hivewire Horse and the Hivewire Big Cat have been too nice to pass up. I haven't actually rendered Harry much, but I expect I'll use Kitty more often. ;)