• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hai Gan's Products at HiveWire 3D

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Love these and LOL thanks for using Taji and Zan in the PuppyDog Tails LOL!!

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Picked up the Heraldic poses just under the wire. Will be looking forward to any further such packages.
Below is a version of heraldic supporters done with the old MilDog some years back. Afraid I don't have a render of it looking straight on (it's just a feature in the scene, not the focal point), but the forward foreleg just overlaps the rim of the shield. I'm pretty sure that I had to turn the limits off to get them into position. Plus flattening them out in the x-axis.

To be honest, I think the MilDog does better as a heraldic supporter than it does for an actual render these days. No one expects a heraldic supporter to look realistic.
Shield.jpg

ETA: I think if I had to do them in a 'regarding' pose, it would have to be done in postwork though.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Sneak previews for current WIP that are likely to make it into the marketplace soonest! First, more pose sets for the Friends and Family series.

One just for Dusk, because he deserves some attention too:
hah1.jpg

Dusk again, but this time with his best (canine) friend:
Render 1.png

I'm also going back to one of my first loves- animation! A walk for the dog is underway.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
YESSS!

Why the cheer? I recovered my draft harness work! A crash had rendered many of my files apparently impossible to open. Impossible, unless you are Daz Studio, it seems, which opened stuff up well enough that I could recover everything for exporting back into the modelling and mapping apps. Huzzah!

What exactly am I cheering over? Here's a peek:

draft harness render test 2.jpg

As you can see, there are still some significant parts missing, such as the bit, throatlatch, martingale and the main band of the britching, plus a lot of brass (aka bling) still to go. The most significant element is the collar and that's pretty much there now, I'm happy with it! Downhill all the way now, at least as regards the modelling.

This is trace or pole harness, which would be easier to fit to a range of vehicles- shaft harness needs adjusting to a specific vehicle so a shaft harness variant would probably need to have the vehicle supplied with it (then again, Harry needs a nice two-wheeled cart, right? right!). Not sure how the rigging will work best. Collars are essentially rigid so it's going to need careful handling in order to look right when the neck is posed, and my rigging skills date back to somewhere around Poser 5.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
This looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! other than the headstall parts looking a bit too thick in places...the collar and body straps look SO REAL... and I realize this is a recovered model you are still at work on... I WANT IT for sure! :)

PS might you put that 'beta EZpose lead rope' you gave me to try years ago, be included with this new set? I sure like it as is!

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
That's looking great..we sooo need a GOOD, accurate harness . Ahh...I know you mentioned Daz Studio..but is it intended for Poser as well ?. And the reins/traces..single, one piece items..or pose able parts so the can be adjusted to fit different vehicles ?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
*^.^* Thanks... still got to get things FINISHED though!

This looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! other than the headstall parts looking a bit too thick in places...the collar and body straps look SO REAL... and I realize this is a recovered model you are still at work on... I WANT IT for sure!

Yes, lots of work still to do. The bridle needs a rework certainly. Some draft bridles ARE amazingly thick. I have a couple of antique ones I've collected and one is almost a solid hood, SO heavy, the cheek pieces are about an inch thick and an inch-and-a-half wide. This model was based on the other one but the headpiece seems to have acquired a strange rounded bulgy-ness during its misadventures. With THIS style of harness, though, the bridle should properly be a trade or London bridle, which has a full noseband and a Liverpool or Buxton bit with a curb chain: similar to what the Budweiser Clydesdales wear. More metal bling! Luckily I already have a curb chain modeled somewhere, hopefully I can just use that. Going to be poly-heavy though.

PS might you put that 'beta EZpose lead rope' you gave me to try years ago, be included with this new set?

The old lead rope is a bit clunky these days, needs a nice new one. The dog needs a lead too. Does anyone have a spare few hours a day I can use???

I know you mentioned Daz Studio..but is it intended for Poser as well ?

Oh yes. Poser's my main work vehicle for renders, I'm not missing it out.

And the reins/traces..single, one piece items..or pose able parts so the can be adjusted to fit different vehicles ?

This is going to need some experimentation to get something that will look right and also be useable, given the sheer number of straps and chains and so on. I suspect the route to go will be to have everything that links back to the harness on the body to be morphable elements, and anything that leads away from the harness to a vehicle or driver to be easypose (or equivalent), possibly with IK to help with posing/fitting to vehicles. Ease of use with different vehicles will depend on how the vehicle is modeled. I can probably add some extras like swingletree and pole props that could be kitbashed on to help with fitting the horse to vehicles.

(...I'm talking myself into one monster of an instruction manual here, aren't I?)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Did a little more work on the harness: added the terrets (rings, the reins go through them) and fly terrets (bells on this one) on the backband, the false martingale (the strap that goes between the front legs) and the britching seat (the thick strap around the bottom, which the horse sits back into in order to brake the vehicle). The end of the britching seat looks a bit strange, I haven't given it a proper UV map yet so that's probably why.

harness test render 4.jpg

Edit: I forgot, I also changed the buckles on the nameplate to a swedge type, but you can't really see it from this angle.