• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hai Gan's Products at HiveWire 3D

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Coming soon: combined poses for Diva and the Jungle Kids, currently in beta testing.
Coming soon.jpg

Currently in QAV, a companion set for the Big Cat with the same theme as the Heraldic Unicorn poses:
Coming soon.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes! Heraldic poses for everyone! I would expect the cats to be a bit more upright though. Heraldry is unconcerned with realism.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think its great, I've seen them not quite so upright (and usually on the outside of the crest like HaiGans sample).

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
In those examples you could draw a vertical line directly from the head (nose for Salient, eye for Rampant) right down the front of the shin of the upraised leg. Even allowing for the turned head, Hai Gan's are a bit more stretched out than that.

Q: does the rigging of the cat allow for extreme, rather unnatural head positions like regardant? Where the beast is looking over its own back in the other direction?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In those examples you could draw a vertical line directly from the head (nose for Salient, eye for Rampant) right down the front of the shin of the upraised leg. Even allowing for the turned head, Hai Gan's are a bit more stretched out than that.

Q: does the rigging of the cat allow for extreme, rather unnatural head positions like regardant? Where the beast is looking over its own back in the other direction?
So you are saying that the raised back leg just needs to come forward more? Like this...(I didn't have HaiGans wonderful poses to play with) BTW that's as far as the leg will go with limits on. if you'd like a more extreme/stylised look, you might have to play with scaling and limits off.
Rampant.jpg (thumbnail, click to view larger, I didn't want to hijack HaiGans thread too much)

Also I think that's pretty much as far as one can go without turning limits off (and I think it may look funny to do that). On my image above I could turn the head a little more but only as far as HaiGans image.

Oh and HaiGan, I can't wait for the Kids poses!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist

I tried regardant when making the poses, but it meant turning the limits off and the mesh got stretched to a point I found unacceptable. Achieving the more non-realistic heraldic positions means resorting to scaling and/or badly abused mesh and/or a poor line along the spine. All the poses I've gone for I have found in real-life heraldry (one of those being modern), but not those depicting lions (we should have a lovely HiveWire Lion coming out at some point, huzzah!). These poses, if you want to be historical about it, ought to include flames coming out of the ears and mouth (and the Big Cat would need a coat with multicoloured spots)!

Oh and HaiGan, I can't wait for the Kids poses!

I've given myself toothache from the cute! There's been a few problems along the way (I break mesh on a regular basis trying to push things), but, on the plus side, I think the fix I've hopefully figured out might also fix a similar issue I had with a pose set for Dusk, and if so I'll be able to go back and get that set finished as well.

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah. Like I said, heraldry hasn't much to do with nature. I shouldn't think any of the rather extreme positions could be attained with the limits on. But getting into the right ballpark is probably as much as can be expected. And it does look like we'd be able to get to the point that people would at least be able to recognize what's intended.

I suspect that what's most relevant is to be able to get the different beasts into similar enough poses to be able to use them together, Like the Lion and Unicorn supporters for the arms of whatever.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
grabbed them (to go with the unicorn ones) now we just need someone to do the crests and banners :p

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
now we just need someone to do the crests and banners

I've got models, I'm making one with each set for my promo images, but I wouldn't call them redistributable. The UVs are pretty rough and ready. Might polish them up and put them out as a set once I've done a few more heraldic pose sets. Might not, my 'to do' list is going to take me the next decade or so. :p

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
In between working on my next set of poses: doggy needs a sweater! Poser (dynamic cloth) & DS (dForce cloth). I've modeled it with folded seams at the moment, still playing to see what looks and simulates best. I suspect the final version will keep the rolled neck but have the other edges single-sided.

Poser (simple velvet shader):
Sweater (poser).png

DS (no texture applied yet):
DS first render.png

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Now in the store!
Coming soon.jpg

These poses have been designed so that you can mix and match Diva and the Jungle Kids. Sugar and Spice can be thought of as 'girly' poses, and Puppydog Tails as 'boyish' ones, if you will pardon the gender-typing, but all the poses work with any of the three characters.