• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Guidelines for Resources

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We have a new Resource Section here in the HiveWire 3D Community forums where you can upload files or share links to files uploaded elsewhere.

HiveWire Family Freebies
  • This section is for items you have created specifically for our HiveWire 3D figures.
  • Sub-categories have been created to further organize your items within this category.
  • Prefixes are available to choose from (Poser, Daz Studio and Poser & DS) to classify which software your freebie is for.
  • Uploading an item into this category will automatically create a thread here in the Resources Forum.
  • File size limit is 5MB (please note, this is part of your 100 MB of storage space here)
Non-HiveWire Family Freebies
  • This section is for items you have created for other non-HiveWire figures such as V4, M4, Genesis, Star, Pauline, etc.
  • Sub-categories have been created to further organize your items within this category.
  • Prefixes are available to choose from (Poser, Daz Studio and Poser & DS) to classify which software your freebie is for.
  • File size limit is 5MB (please note, this is part of your 100 MB of storage space here)
General Freebies
  • This section is for items you have created that are not figure dependent such as lights, camera, scripts, props and textures.
Free Tutorials
  • This section is for free tutorials that show how to accomplish a task in various software programs.
  • If a category is needed that does not exist here, please contact us.
Please include a 96 x 96 pixel render with your upload. We have been featuring Resources in the Newsletter and without an image there is nothing to show people what the resource is.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
To add a resource, click on the "Add Resource" button at the top right of the forum.

Resources01.jpg

• Select the appropriate category from the dropdown list.

Resources02.jpg

• Select a prefix and fill in the title and tag line.
  • Choose to upload a file (up to 5 MB), link to a file on another server or does not have a file

Resources03.jpg

• Enter a description of the file
  • Create at least one tag that describes your file in one word
  • If you have a web site with additional information on this file and how to use it, provide that in the additional information URL section.
  • Upload a resource icon if you have one
  • Upload images that show your resource
  • Preview your upload
  • Save your resource

Resources04.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know if the forums here have the ability or not, but if you can make a thread "sticky" at the top, this one might be a candidate for that? It looks like it would be very helpful to new folks who might be interested in posting their content here.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
I think I did make it Sticky but I'm not certain how to make sure it stays at the top of the list of Sticky threads.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ooops, yep, I just spotted the red "pin" in the thread list! I guess we'll know soon enough if it stays on the top of the list, right? :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No I think if there's a lot of stickies the most "current" date will decide which one is first. Unless, of course, Lisa finds some little hidden secret on how to make it stay the first.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Is there a thread to ask about the Hivewire store in general? For about the 4th time I've ended up purchasing a duplicate item because unlike some of the other stores, there is no alert message when you put an already purchased item into your cart. It will tell you you've purchased something when that something is a part of a stack, but not if you randomly put it in by itself.

Miss B

CV-BEE
If you're already logged into the store when you go shopping, there should be a little blue tag in the upper left corner of each item stating You Own This on each of the items on the main pages of the store that you've already purchased (see below). I don't recall off-hand if it has the tag on the main promos on each product page though.

YouOwnThisTag.jpg

OK, I just checked, and it's on the main promo image on the product page as well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think I did make it Sticky but I'm not certain how to make sure it stays at the top of the list of Sticky threads.
I suspect that even though it's a Sticky, the one with the most recent posts to it will be the first in the list.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
I have not yet found a way to prioritize stickies.

We do have a Contact Us forum, a contact link at the bottom of every page and a helpdesk support system. Do we need to make those more accessible for issues that pop up while you're browsing here?

We have had a few support tickets regarding the "you already bought this" icon and are looking into it. Thanks! :)

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Is there a thread to ask about the Hivewire store in general? For about the 4th time I've ended up purchasing a duplicate item because unlike some of the other stores, there is no alert message when you put an already purchased item into your cart. It will tell you you've purchased something when that something is a part of a stack, but not if you randomly put it in by itself.

Yes, you can post a general question in the Contact Forum or you can use the Support Desk via the HiveWire store (I will add an easy to find link in the forum) which goes directly to my email inbox.

We do have an issue at the moment with the store not telling you what you have already purchased. This is part of our customized store code and needs to be worked out, but it IS high on our priority list.

Love and Enjoy!

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
I suspect that even though it's a Sticky, the one with the most recent posts to it will be the first in the list.

Yes, this is how it is seems to be working. So far there are no customizations that I've found that allow for priroitizing stickies. Someone may have made an add on that will do this but I have not explored that far into this software yet.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have an item that is 5.4 Mb. for upload
Could that be accommodated somehow?

You could either split it into two zip files, or you could upload it to ShareCG, and then post an announcement in the proper section of the forum (Freebie Links), and give the link to the ShareCG download page in that announcement.

Remember, as Lisa pointed out in the first post as well, that uploaded resources/freebies do count towards your 100mb storage limit.

File size limit is 5MB (please note, this is part of your 100 MB of storage space here)

At 5.4 mbs, you would need to split it into separate zip files. A better solution in a case of a large item like that would really be to put it on ShareCG and just post an announcement in the Freebie Links section of the forum, IMO.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not sure if I've welcomed you to the Hive FVerbaas...so welcome!

Seliah is right that it would probably be best to upload it to somewhere like ShareCG or split the file...frustrating though for a .4 difference! One other thing that occurred to me...a lot of modders who are trying to keep the file size down actually double zip the file. They zip it and then zip the zipped file...would that work for you?

FVerbaas

Motivated
I think you did welcome me before but thank you non the less.
The major part of the content is already zipped so re-zipping did not help much. I reverted to posting on ShareCG
Will make a separate message in the freebie links forum.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Doesn't surprise me if I did. lol I'm getting old and the memory is going plus it's insane at work at the moment and I can't remember if I'm coming or going. Sorry that the rezipping didn't help...not sure what program they used to get the file down.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
I've just added a note about including images to show what the resource is so we have something to feature in the newsletter. Images should be square in format. Thank you!