• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

unreal

Noteworthy
Annnnd, into 3rd week of lockdown, with speculation of another 5 weeks. You only get one chance to screw up with the delta variant. And NSW screwed up.

5 days from second dose.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
What is the harm for everyone to continue to wear a mask, avoid crowds, and observe physical distancing until the Pandemic is truly over?

Worldwide, the current percent of people who are fully vaccinated is less than 11%. India is less than 5%. Brazil is less than 15%. Mexico is 15%. Canada is less than 30%. Both the UK and the US are close to, but still less than 50%. Within the US, Mississippi is less than 30%, while Vermont is 65.6%. All other states fall in between those percentages. Within PA, the vaccination rate by county varies between 25% to about 61%.

Philadelphia claims we are at 57.2% fully vaccinated. Yet 3/4 of the city is less than that. About 1/3 of the zip code areas are less than 30% fully vaccinated, including the zip code where I live and the zip code where I work.

Philadelphia is still at a high risk of community transmission, and we now have cases of the Delta variant. Because Philadelphia no longer reports the number of cases, it's no longer possible for us to track whether cases are raising or falling.

It's easy to say that it's the responsibility of those who are not vaccinated or those who are fully vaccinated, but still at high risk of becoming infected, to avoid others. But what do you do when your employer demands you return to the office and does not provide a safe environment for those at risk?
Last I looked here in Australia we're only about 10% vaccinated and vaccines are in short supply especially Pfizer which seems to be the preferred vax over here. I've had my first AZ but not due for second until September.

Wearing a mask and physical distancing is a very small ask to help keep members of our communities safe.

Agree with you totally Satira...
Annnnd, into 3rd week of lockdown, with speculation of another 5 weeks. You only get one chance to screw up with the delta variant. And NSW screwed up.

5 days from second dose.
So sorry to hear this...I'm a Victorian just going into lockdown again as you would be aware we had a visit from some removalists as well as a returnee from a red zone who thought they were entitled to breach the health code.

I'm not blaming N.S.W just the libs. I really feel for you all in NSW especially Sydney and the South-West.

Fingers crossed that it isn't 5 weeks but I think Gladys needs to stop movement and at the moment she's not.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
got my 2nd astra jab the other day... no side effects .. here in country NSW we aren't in lockdown but the Red Zoners try and sneak in!

also, that's SW Sydney to differentiate from SW NSW ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry my bad I didn't think of that distinction. She certainly left regional NSW open to being infected I hope those red zoners all stay home. Glad you have your second AZ. My parents had there 2nd jab on last Monday which I'm very thankful for.

They were supposed to have an OT and company rep come out today to inspect the site for a chair lift as they're on a slope neither could make it as they both need to isolate and get tested. One was at the MCG and I'm not sure whether the other was exposed.

I hope you stay safe...

Stezza

Dances with Bees
all good here... there was a dozen teenagers from the red zone down this way but they were caught and fined $1,000 each and sent back.

My youngest daughter is busy sewing up masks for our community ( that's the only stipulation for regional NSW is mask wearing and QR code checkins everywhere which is a pain! )

My son & his young fam live in Victoria and was at work when I messaged him about the lockdown that was going to happen down there 2 hours before it was announced... his workplace has to shut down and it's a real strain for them.

Looks like it will be a while before we can visit down there again, just lucky to get there in April when we did to see our grandson.

Hornet3d

Wise
So the Covid is having another go at the UK population with a reported 60% increase in new cases today alone, plus it is thought that the around 500,000 people have been told self isolate for 10 days thanks to the NHS track and Trace app pinging them to tell them to do so. Part of this increase must be down to the belief that Covid does not attack large groups of people so long as they are supporting football. Just the right set of statistics to convince the UK government that this coming Monday is the ideal time to lift restrictions including the legal requirements to wear a mask. They strongly suggest individuals still wear a mask and to social distance but, of course, many of those not wearing the mask will also be the same individuals that cannot be bothered to have the vaccine either. For many businesses his will have limited impact as they will have to remain shut as too many of their staff are in isolation. Thanks to the vaccine it looks as though hospitalisations will not reach the peaks of earlier but the hidden story is the number of people that will end up with long term Covid which will also impact the NHS for years to come.

In view of all this my wife and I have stocked the fridges and are preparing to go back into lockdown probably as from this weekend probably only weeks before another lockdown becomes mandatory. One has to wonder just where all this end up and wherever we do end up we will be left with the question as the reasons for it is due to incompetence, vested interest of individuals or some strange death wish of a complete nation.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm due for my second shot next month, and based on my reaction to the first one, I rather expect the reaction to the second one to be worse. It was five days before the injection site swelling went down and stopped itching, though it was a few more days before I was finally able to move my arm without pain. Definitely not going to have the injection in my left arm this time (since I'm left handed).

Most of my coworkers are not wearing masks, and people are working close together ... again ... without masks. They act like the pandemic is over and that they are 100% protected. Which is so not the case. But these are the same people who had extended family holiday dinners indoors, or started dating without masks, or flew back and forth between Philadelphia and Miami numerous times.

Not people I want to be around.

I also notice a lot of people walking through indoor areas that still require masks, and they aren't wearing a mask.

While unvaccinated people are the majority getting sick, those fully vaccinated are also getting sick enough to need to be hospitalized. Philadelphia positive tests have doubled since Monday. Granted, the Delta variant has just arrived here, and the increase was "just" from 1% to 2%, but unless measures are taken now to require everyone to mask up again and observe social distancing, it's only going to get worse.

But, I just don't see Philadelphia going back into a lockdown or mandating masks because they are too committed to "getting back to normal" and getting workers back into Center City and spending money.

unreal

Noteworthy
Last I looked here in Australia we're only about 10% vaccinated and vaccines are in short supply especially Pfizer which seems to be the preferred vax over here. I've had my first AZ but not due for second until September.

Wearing a mask and physical distancing is a very small ask to help keep members of our communities safe.

Agree with you totally Satira...

So sorry to hear this...I'm a Victorian just going into lockdown again as you would be aware we had a visit from some removalists as well as a returnee from a red zone who thought they were entitled to breach the health code.

I'm not blaming N.S.W just the libs. I really feel for you all in NSW especially Sydney and the South-West.

Fingers crossed that it isn't 5 weeks but I think Gladys needs to stop movement and at the moment she's not.

Had my second jab. No reaction. Lucky. People on the peninsula here (inner harbour Sydney) are 50/50 with mandated masks. Not so good. AU, fully vaccinated is not quite 10%. When Covid gets onto our neighborhood, it will rage. And it will get here. Too many day workers coming and going. Only a matter of time. I don't mind the people coming and going. But be thoughtful, please.

I wear a mask any time I'm not in my own residence. Immune-compromised. I wish people would take this seriously. It's just not that big of a deal.
  • Keep your physical distance. 1.5m is not that far.
  • Wear a cheap disposable paper mask when you're out of the house. I think ours are like $0.10 each.
  • Get the pair of shots (if you're physically able).

Easy peasy. I don't get it. If everyone did that, we'd be done with this. Until that happens, strong filter at the borders. National, state, regional, metro. Multi-stage, so failures don't get far.

Oh well. Masked up take-away coffee time. ^.^

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
all good here... there was a dozen teenagers from the red zone down this way but they were caught and fined $1,000 each and sent back.

My youngest daughter is busy sewing up masks for our community ( that's the only stipulation for regional NSW is mask wearing and QR code checkins everywhere which is a pain! )

My son & his young fam live in Victoria and was at work when I messaged him about the lockdown that was going to happen down there 2 hours before it was announced... his workplace has to shut down and it's a real strain for them.

Looks like it will be a while before we can visit down there again, just lucky to get there in April when we did to see our grandson.
Glad to hear that they were fined. Good on you daughter for making masks. I did some for us last year. I hope your son is okay it is very stressful for everyone. I'm glad you got to see your grandson.
So the Covid is having another go at the UK population with a reported 60% increase in new cases today alone, plus it is thought that the around 500,000 people have been told self isolate for 10 days thanks to the NHS track and Trace app pinging them to tell them to do so. Part of this increase must be down to the belief that Covid does not attack large groups of people so long as they are supporting football. Just the right set of statistics to convince the UK government that this coming Monday is the ideal time to lift restrictions including the legal requirements to wear a mask. They strongly suggest individuals still wear a mask and to social distance but, of course, many of those not wearing the mask will also be the same individuals that cannot be bothered to have the vaccine either. For many businesses his will have limited impact as they will have to remain shut as too many of their staff are in isolation. Thanks to the vaccine it looks as though hospitalisations will not reach the peaks of earlier but the hidden story is the number of people that will end up with long term Covid which will also impact the NHS for years to come.

In view of all this my wife and I have stocked the fridges and are preparing to go back into lockdown probably as from this weekend probably only weeks before another lockdown becomes mandatory. One has to wonder just where all this end up and wherever we do end up we will be left with the question as the reasons for it is due to incompetence, vested interest of individuals or some strange death wish of a complete nation.
Stay safe Hornet...I can't believe that Boris is talking about no restrictions it's going to affect so many people. Long covid is definitely an issue that people tend not to think about unfortunately. We have a crappy federal govt also...I just thank god for the premiers of each state.
I'm due for my second shot next month, and based on my reaction to the first one, I rather expect the reaction to the second one to be worse. It was five days before the injection site swelling went down and stopped itching, though it was a few more days before I was finally able to move my arm without pain. Definitely not going to have the injection in my left arm this time (since I'm left handed).

Most of my coworkers are not wearing masks, and people are working close together ... again ... without masks. They act like the pandemic is over and that they are 100% protected. Which is so not the case. But these are the same people who had extended family holiday dinners indoors, or started dating without masks, or flew back and forth between Philadelphia and Miami numerous times.

Not people I want to be around.

I also notice a lot of people walking through indoor areas that still require masks, and they aren't wearing a mask.

While unvaccinated people are the majority getting sick, those fully vaccinated are also getting sick enough to need to be hospitalized. Philadelphia positive tests have doubled since Monday. Granted, the Delta variant has just arrived here, and the increase was "just" from 1% to 2%, but unless measures are taken now to require everyone to mask up again and observe social distancing, it's only going to get worse.

But, I just don't see Philadelphia going back into a lockdown or mandating masks because they are too committed to "getting back to normal" and getting workers back into Center City and spending money.
Good luck with your second jab Satira! Stay safe...problem is that it's not getting back to normal anytime soon and won't if we keep getting new mutations. I've heard there's a new one called Lambada?? and also Delta +.
Had my second jab. No reaction. Lucky. People on the peninsula here (inner harbour Sydney) are 50/50 with mandated masks. Not so good. AU, fully vaccinated is not quite 10%. When Covid gets onto our neighborhood, it will rage. And it will get here. Too many day workers coming and going. Only a matter of time. I don't mind the people coming and going. But be thoughtful, please.

I wear a mask any time I'm not in my own residence. Immune-compromised. I wish people would take this seriously. It's just not that big of a deal.
  • Keep your physical distance. 1.5m is not that far.
  • Wear a cheap disposable paper mask when you're out of the house. I think ours are like $0.10 each.
  • Get the pair of shots (if you're physically able).

Easy peasy. I don't get it. If everyone did that, we'd be done with this. Until that happens, strong filter at the borders. National, state, regional, metro. Multi-stage, so failures don't get far.

Oh well. Masked up take-away coffee time. ^.^
Glad you've had your second jab! My parents had their second during the last week. I agree if everyone did the right thing we could be done with this. I agree about strong borders. It may take Victoria up to 2 weeks but I think we can get it back to zero...they're doing 7 layers of contacts which should help.

Everyone stay safe...it's a crazy world at the moment. If I don't post much it's because I'm hibernating a bit at the moment as I'm finding it hard to be motivated.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yesterday saw the biggest daily increase in new Covid cases since January of this year and that is before the mandatory restrictions, including mask wearing and social distancing, are lifted in 48 hours time.

Hornet3d

Wise
So the health minister in charge of dealing with Covid has now tested positive for the virus and will be isolating tomorrow when the rest of the UK so say celebrate Freedom Day. The same app that pinged over 500,000 people in the last week telling them to self isolate has now pinged those ministers that have been in contact the health minister. They however will not be isolating as they have the option to carry on but just keep testing. It clearly not a question of one rule for them and different for us, well except for the fact that for the vast majority of the UK population this is not an option. At the same time some sections of the London underground had to close yesterday due to lack of staff as so many were in isolation.

Despite all this the legal requirement to wear a mask and social distance will be lifted tomorrow with the recommendation that people should ' do the right thing'. If this were a work of fiction no one would believe it, sadly, this is not the case and from tomorrow those of us trapped in the UK will have to live it.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Hornet; our approved vaccine list and rate of vaccination is similar to the UK. Each Province or Territory is in charge of their own Health. Friday our illustrious leader decided that enough of us have had a shot that there are no more limits here. The only mandatory masking is in apartment and condo common areas. Elevators for instance, or lobbies. Capacity limits are all you can handle and keep a distance. Nothing closed. Stadium seating levels for sports however, capped at 10,000. The one concession.

My Premiere thinks everyone will "do the right thing" too. Hah!! No way. I tried to bring the shopping home on Saturday morning. It required me to take the elevator which I have been avoiding for years. I entered a car with my full buggy of groceries, and before the door closed; two others pressed their way in. This resulted in a screaming match and me leaving the elevator as the two women who had entered continued to fight with each other. The reason two neighbours, that know each other; lost it, was because one of them did not have a mask on in the elevator. The whole lobby got into the yelling as those who were waiting for an elevator discussed the situation. Loudly and with much gesturing and gnashing of teeth.

BTW, the shaft doors on the leftmost elevator are currently pried open on my floor exposing the open shaft. The car is stuck between my floor and the one above me. One of the reasons I stay out of the elevators. They kidnap people and I don't own a cell phone to call TOFire to call for assistance getting out of them when they stall out, and, or; break. Been that way since Friday afternoon. Maybe they will send someone by to fix it on Monday. Meantime, don't look down. You get dizzy and the basement is a long way away.

Enough about the bloody elevators around here. That is why I don;t use the them if I am not dragging a buggy. Point was, with the removal of restrictions here a person is on their own. Every man for himself. Govt. has no wish to deal with this any more. Election writs are dropping all around the country, and despite the fact it has yet to drop; there will be a Federal election. Have to wait for the new Governor General to take her seat so the PM can ask her to dissolve Parliament.

With every level of Govt. shooting for election, they keep telling us how good we are doing. How the Pandemic is ending, in fact almost over. No worries, be happy. Life is returning to normal. Meanwhile case counts are slowly creeping up. Death counts are up slightly. Hospitalizations are up slightly. Long term care has had outbreaks in the last week and they were the first group vaccinated. People are tired of restrictions and Govt. is tired of being blamed for it. When the capacity limit for a business is stay away from each other; there are no limits.

There is no way to know how many, if any; shots people have had just by looking at them. There are going to be a lot more screaming matches around here. Alcohol sales have been growing steadily over the last year and a half. Rules about social behaviour have been forgotten and civil law has been flaunted for the same length of time. I have never seen so many messed up people on the streets openly flaunting local laws. There is a divide here and it is growing. A divide between fact and fiction. An assertion that one's beliefs outweigh reality. Add that to Govt. abandonment by blaming the other guys are full of **it and I don't foresee a liberating "two dose summer" any time soon.

unreal

Noteworthy
Biggest problem is that the virus keeps mutating, in people who can host it. Vaccinated people can host it. Just a way lower rate => less mutations. A version will eventually get around current vaccines, quicker, rather than later.

My paranoid self is not worried about the virus, the death rate, or economy. It worried about the incredible amounts of bio-research combined with very powerful data analytics. Much like the spread of the internet has made it so that misinformation and junk swamps us and malicious "hacking" is continuous.

How long before someone will "home grow" some bio-nasty?

Never thought I'd miss "nuclear annihilation" as the most probable outcome for the species.

Cheerily, from week 4 of the 2 week lockdown. And no end in sight. Ahh, politicians. We all have "reality distortion fields". But most of us don't have enough reach for that to be anything other than amusing for our friends.

Hornet3d

Wise
Biggest problem is that the virus keeps mutating, in people who can host it. Vaccinated people can host it. Just a way lower rate => less mutations. A version will eventually get around current vaccines, quicker, rather than later.

My paranoid self is not worried about the virus, the death rate, or economy. It worried about the incredible amounts of bio-research combined with very powerful data analytics. Much like the spread of the internet has made it so that misinformation and junk swamps us and malicious "hacking" is continuous.

How long before someone will "home grow" some bio-nasty?

Never thought I'd miss "nuclear annihilation" as the most probable outcome for the species.

Cheerily, from week 4 of the 2 week lockdown. And no end in sight. Ahh, politicians. We all have "reality distortion fields". But most of us don't have enough reach for that to be anything other than amusing for our friends.
I always remember Carl Sagan's (of Cosmos Fame) quote was along the lines of 'Man has the distinction of being the only species on this planet to have devised his the method of his own mass destruction',

Profound as that is I think the one of the most appropriate quotes is

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”
― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I started this way back in early May and I have just finished it today, It has been quite a challenge but an enjoyable one all it needs now is to be framed which should happen in a day or two.

It is not easy to photograph as the drills or diamonds reflect the light in all directions anyway, here it is.

Finished HW.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That only took you about 2 months to complete??? Amazing! I think with all the detail it would take me about a year.

Hornet3d

Wise
That only took you about 2 months to complete??? Amazing! I think with all the detail it would take me about a year.

I sometimes have great troubler sleeping and this is something I can do to keep me amused and not disturb my wife so that accounts for some of the time.

robert952

Brilliant
I wanted to pass this along from a recent news broadcast (CBS News).

A interviewer talked to a person in a hospital recovering from CoVid. The patient was asked if he now wished he took the vaccine. The patient adamantly said no, he still wouldn't. When asked why not, the patient stated the drug is still released as an experimental drug.

They then cut to a doctor who chuckled (apparently when told what the patient said): "Half the drugs used to cure people of CoVid are also released as experimental. Yet patients will take them."

The report also covered the statistics that hospitalizations in the US are on the rise - mainly due to the Delta variant. More than 98 percent of those hospitalizations are unvaccinated people and 100 percent of current deaths are unvaccinated people. The conclusion is that the current vaccinations do provide protection against the Delta variant and reduce mortality rates.

I realize the issue has become an emotional mine field. However, I would think that at some point logic would kick in.

Oh, well. I'm preparing for the return of mask mandates (which will fuel the fire more). Organizations and companies are putting policies in place that require CoVid19 vaccinations. (We have already covered this aspect here.) And we will still probably not get the virus under control (IMHO).