• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Hornet3d

Wise
For many in the UK covid is all over even though there are still large number of people that are being infected each day. It is true that in most cases it is relatively mild, although that can vary from person to person, the big change is that we are not seeing the level of hospital admissions that we were.

The impact is certainly far from having gone away with there being a massive shortage of staff in lot of sectors. Many workers are, sadly, just not with us anymore but there also seems to be a large portion of the population who have decided simple not to return to work. I think many have used the equity of their home to allow them the retire early or found other ways to release them from work.

It is generally accepted that hotels are in a much poorer condition was there is a shortage of staff to a maintain the hotel and prepare the rooms. Long queues at airports are largely blamed on staff shortage and the number id assistants in most supermarkets is clearly down on what it used to be.

On a personal note we are still very much aware covid is still around and life has not gone back to normal. We still wear masks in shops and restaurants and tend to avoid large crowds.

Early in the year we swapped our Honda CRV for a much smaller Toyota Aygo as our lives had changed so much that the CRV no longer matched out lifestyle. We are still dealing with the result of the change and recently purchased a couple folding bikes so can get out riding a lot more. Some changes are nothing to do with covid but many are, whether the effect has been placed on us directly or we are responding to the changes of the new norm.

Red Surround 2.JPG

Bare Bikes.JPG

Hornet3d

Wise
Cute car and seems roomy enough! Are those foldable bikes?
Thanks and yes they are folding bikes, they have to be as there is on way we could get one full bike in there other wise. At the start of the year we swapped our Honda CRV with a 2 litre engine that did 27 miles per gallon, for a Toyota Aygo with a 997cc engine that does around 54 mpg. The CRV was very much an SUV where the Aygo is basically and city runabout. Compared with the CRV you almost wear the Aygo rather than drive it.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
But ... but ... the earth is flat.

It's a flat disc, resting on the backs of four huge elephants, who are standing on the back of an enormous turtle, who is swimming through space. I don't know why pictures taken of earth from space don't show this. Magic must be distorting the pictures, making the disc appear to be a marble.

It never ceases to amaze me just how far some people around the world can bury their heads in the sand and deny something that is clearly a basic fact. It is like looking at pictures taken of the of the earth from space and still maintaining the the earth is flat.

robert952

Brilliant
It never ceases to amaze me just how far some people around the world can bury their heads in the sand and deny something that is clearly a basic fact. It is like looking at pictures taken of the of the earth from space and still maintaining the the earth is flat.
When the Voyager probes left the solar system, they turned them to take a pic of our solar system.

Sorry dude...irrefutable proof right here - Earth is flat. (And Pluto is not a planet.)

planet pluto.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Fortunately, I have an accommodation to continue to work from home and am not required to be in the office like everyone else. I R Special!

Once we had to return to the office, I went from having no migraines for two years to having several migraines a week. Funny what stress can do to you.

Hornet3d

Wise
A few more tweaks on the bike which now has two setups, one for fun rides and the other for the mid week shop. Also, the lights I decided to buy had great reviews except many complained that the holding strap for the rear light was prone to splitting. The makers seemed to accept this as there are two straps included in the box but that is not much good if the strap splits while riding and the rear lamp is lost. My solution is to add a thin tether to the light so if the strap breaks the light will still be attached to the underside of the seat.

Setup.JPG
Tether.JPG

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Ecosmo bikes? I'll have to see if those are sold here. I need something I can bring up into my apt. My last regular sized bike was stolen from keeping it down in the open carport. Never had ANYTHING stolen in all the years I've lived here but that. So I always thought I'd love to own a bike but don't have allot of room in the apt either so if I could get an ATTRACTIVE folding bike with a comfy seat for my old butt I'd probably go for it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Ecosmo bikes? I'll have to see if those are sold here. I need something I can bring up into my apt. My last regular sized bike was stolen from keeping it down in the open carport. Never had ANYTHING stolen in all the years I've lived here but that. So I always thought I'd love to own a bike but don't have allot of room in the apt either so if I could get an ATTRACTIVE folding bike with a comfy seat for my old butt I'd probably go for it.
Well, I'm getting to a point where I only use my car to go short distances. With gas prices going up so government can force people to buy electric vehicles for "green" energy, it may be something I have to consider in about five years or so. Of course, the fact that I'll be a 70 year old man on a bike in heavy traffic doesn't scare me a bit. :eek:

unreal

Noteworthy
It's less about the denial or whatever, right? It's about curtesy, compassion, or at least civility to others. If the number one thing is "personal freedom" which means doing what *I* want with no regard to others... well... I can do without.