• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

unreal

Noteworthy
There seems to be a trend with people thinking violence and damaging property will drive change. Not recalling the exact numbers now, but a survey showed a significant increase in people thinking this process works. So, sad.

A lot of people are worried about Jan 6 'anniversary' of last years attack on our Capital Building because of the trend. i won't get into the political stuff here. But I don't plan to head downtown this week.
I suppose violence and damaging property makes complete sense if you want to hurt people. Or scare people. I dunno. Call me crazy but that's not generally my motivation.

And on that note, dog walkies. In the typhoon-like wind. but not actually raining. I'm coffee'd and ready.

eclark1894

Visionary
I know what you mean. Being more cautious is one thing, but going into a state of panic is a whole 'nother ball game.
Yeah, but then, I'm a Capricorn, which means I'm cautious by nature, and tend to put things off. So, I have to wait until I really see something to panic about. :tantrum:

unreal

Noteworthy
I don't panic until I see a divine being with wings calmly asking me to give an account of my life.

Gulp.

unreal

Noteworthy
Have you ever read "The War-hound and the World's Pain"?

A fun little Michael Moorcock story that touches on that very subject. A bit goth, not quite horror, philosophical, historic, maybe with a dash of twilight zone.

I enjoy reading it every so often. Not a long read, by any means.

In any case, I did consider panicking. But when it comes right down to it, I'm too lazy. Another example of why laziness is not always a bad thing :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Have you ever read "The War-hound and the World's Pain"?

A fun little Michael Moorcock story that touches on that very subject. A bit goth, not quite horror, philosophical, historic, maybe with a dash of twilight zone.

I enjoy reading it every so often. Not a long read, by any means.

In any case, I did consider panicking. But when it comes right down to it, I'm too lazy. Another example of why laziness is not always a bad thing :)
Though I am somewhat familiar with some of Moorcock's work (mostly the various Elric books and some Hawkmoon and Corum) I am unfamiliar with this work - I will look it up.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hey Hornet, I hear the UK just got rid of all the mask and vaccine mandates.

Yes we have, there is however a major BUT, but no one is really sure if the cancellation of all restrictions is based upon health grounds or purely a political move. The World Health Organisation has already criticised removing the rule that anyone that has tested positive should isolate for at least five days. Certainly having to isolate has caused major staff shortages in many companies but the idea of someone who has tested positive should return to work is worrying. The removal of the need to wear a mask in supermarkets and the recommendation that people should no longer work from home means those testing positive will be in regular contact with the rest of the population and that is of concern to many. Deaths from covid is still running at around 350 a day and a number of surveys suggest the majority think this is one big gamble which could bite us in the backside in the next few weeks.

From a personal point of view it will change little for my wife and I as we are both retired, and thus will not be returning to work, and we will continue to wear masks when out.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The folks I know here who tested positive had to isolate for 2 weeks!! I think 5 days is much to short a period for isolation under those circumstances.

Hornet3d

Wise
The folks I know here who tested positive had to isolate for 2 weeks!! I think 5 days is much to short a period for isolation under those circumstances.

I think it was about the same here in the early part of the pandemic, more recently it was shortened to 7 days and then to five until now when there is not isolation at all. Many think this change is due more to businesses being short on staff than because the covid threat has reduced. There is a fight here in the UK, as with most countries, in that a large portion of the population see keeping the population healthy as the priority while other see keeping the economy healthy. That conflict has been there from the start but, I think it is fair to say without becoming too political, that the some politicians are fighting for their political life and so the question of which camp they fall into is always questioned as to whether it is motivated by looking after the common good or a personal agenda.

The government applied rules are only part of the story as many people just ignore the rules and do whatever they feel safe with and often that decision is to be far more cautious than the rules being applied. A case in point, although there wearing of masks in schools is no longer mandatary some schools, education unions and parents are either deciding to, or putting pressure on schools to maintain mask wearing in class. Sadly when it come to isolation it only take a small proportion of people who are infected not to isolate and that has a major impact on the spread of the virus.

Everyone knows that this is a gamble, although some will maintain it is just following the need to learn to live with covid, which is short hand for saying we should really accept the increased death rate and get on with life, or death as the case my be.

robert952

Brilliant
I tested positive on Jan 7 (symptoms late on the 6th which per CDC is 'day 0'). Wife tested negative on same day.

If it weren't for all the news, I likely wouldn't have gotten the test. However, for us, 5 min on computer to 'reserve spot'; 10 minute drive to an 'off the beaten path' location to get test. Pulled up and got the test in less than 10 minutes. Symptoms for me were just a mild cold: stuffy head, headache, dry cough. Temp never went over 99.7 F. All symptoms gone by Day 3 Bad part, I didn't get results until Day 3 of isolation. But we had 'semi-isolated' with her in separate bedroom on Day 1.

From what I read at CDC site and my Dr. advice: 5 days of isolation: then 5 days of mask. I stayed in bedroom through day 6, wife would bring food/drink and set them on a tray outside the door. She wore gloves and mask to do that. (We did step up our cleaning regimen.) She slept in separate bedroom on Day 0 thru Day 10.

I attribute having vaccine and booster for the mild symptoms. Wife has not shown any symptoms.

I agree that a lot of the changes are politically and economically driven. Stores have empty shelves (no one to deliver goods) and closing early (no one to provide service). But, based on my experience, the 10 day regimen worked.

Hornet3d

Wise
I tested positive on Jan 7 (symptoms late on the 6th which per CDC is 'day 0'). Wife tested negative on same day.

If it weren't for all the news, I likely wouldn't have gotten the test. However, for us, 5 min on computer to 'reserve spot'; 10 minute drive to an 'off the beaten path' location to get test. Pulled up and got the test in less than 10 minutes. Symptoms for me were just a mild cold: stuffy head, headache, dry cough. Temp never went over 99.7 F. All symptoms gone by Day 3 Bad part, I didn't get results until Day 3 of isolation. But we had 'semi-isolated' with her in separate bedroom on Day 1.

From what I read at CDC site and my Dr. advice: 5 days of isolation: then 5 days of mask. I stayed in bedroom through day 6, wife would bring food/drink and set them on a tray outside the door. She wore gloves and mask to do that. (We did step up our cleaning regimen.) She slept in separate bedroom on Day 0 thru Day 10.

I attribute having vaccine and booster for the mild symptoms. Wife has not shown any symptoms.

I agree that a lot of the changes are politically and economically driven. Stores have empty shelves (no one to deliver goods) and closing early (no one to provide service). But, based on my experience, the 10 day regimen worked.

I am really glad to hear that it was mild for you and you have come through it with the great news your wife remained negative it was still clearly a major upset for both of you but it could have been worse.

I thought the isolation requirement in the UK had been lifted but it hasn't, just shortened to five days. I am no medical expert but that appears to be too short but time will tell.

unreal

Noteworthy

Sounds like a well played hand on a less than great deal :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We've become so indifferent toward death. So many decisions are being made on the basis of keeping businesses staffed, doing the things we used to do, getting "back to normal." It doesn't seem to matter that doing so will result in more people dying. After two weeks of shutting down again, the number of positive cases decreased. One would expect that with fewer people being exposed to fewer people. But at the same time, people are having a lot of trouble getting tested. The positivity rate is still much higher than it ever was at any point in the Pandemic ... when everything was shut down.

But whatever ... it's time to go back to work. Time to reopen again. Even though, we're not anywhere near the end of this surge. And every time we've "returned to normal" too soon, it's resulted in an increase of people getting sick and people dying.

Granted ... I'm far more concerned about all of this because I'm in that group of people that even fully vaccinated is at a higher/high risk of dying from COVID.

So yes. I'm being utterly selfish too.

But, me being selfish isn't putting someone else at risk of dying.

Hornet3d

Wise
Amen to that!!

I'll third that.

I have had both my vaccinations and my booster but I am in a higher risk group so I am still wearing a mask despite the fact they will soon me optional. Then again I think would still be wearing a mask even if I was not in a high risk group, I don#t see it a selfish, more self preservation.

I was said to read about the death of Meatloaf but even sadder when I saw it was reported as being due to covid.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
it's just one big cockup downunder

PCR tests are taking over 10 days for results in some places as the system is overrun...

so some bright spark in the government said how about we allow RAT pack testing and if you get a + result you must register it or get fined!

ok... sounds good they thought.. we'll do that

now, if you can get a RAT pack ( there is none available rare as hens teeth and they are not free $30AU or more ) amused Aussies are reporting + tests using Government officials names
Of course said Government Officials are not amused :inverted: