• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Terre

Renowned
Wearing very thin indeed. One thing to remember is if you do get it most people never even have symptoms. Quarentining so you don't spread it while twiddling your thumbs at home does help other people.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ultimate snafu here. Hospital SMS'd people a negative result on the 24th. Nearly 1400 people (so far). Day after Christmas, well, turns out they were positive. Big "Oops".

I would think that any of them who went to get togethers pretty much spread it. Hopefully, to no one who will be in danger. Anyone who loses work or life or money that can trace back to event with those people in attendance will be suing. Anyone positive would have had to self-quarantine. The only reason they weren't was because of the result.

Know what I hate about all this (personally, there's a lot to hate, overall)? It's the jumpiness. i have massive hayfever, this time of year. And the weather has been hot cold dry rainy, sometimes all 4 on same day. And I mean 15ºC swings in temp. Poring rain and not a cloud. Which tends to give me colds. So anytime I congest, sneeze, cough, feel sore (and I exercise so I'm sore). And I'm like "omg, do I have Covid?????!

It's starting to wear thin :(

The false negative test response has happened here in the UK and and with some testing labs having an extremely poor record when it comes being anywhere near accurate. Some of these labs are ill equipped to do the testing and do not have the equipment or suitably trained staff to provide a service but this does not stop them charging hundreds of pounds. Quite simply it is just another scam but the real problem is it makes everyone question who are the good labs and who are the cowboys.

A side effect of one of the tablets I take for my diabetes is a dry cough which is normally no problem but you should see the look I get in a supermarket or the like if I do cough despite wearing a mask and covering my mouth.

Terre

Renowned
The false negative test response has happened here in the UK and and with some testing labs having an extremely poor record when it comes being anywhere near accurate. Some of these labs are ill equipped to do the testing and do not have the equipment or suitably trained staff to provide a service but this does not stop them charging hundreds of pounds. Quite simply it is just another scam but the real problem is it makes everyone question who are the good labs and who are the cowboys.

A side effect of one of the tablets I take for my diabetes is a dry cough which is normally no problem but you should see the look I get in a supermarket or the like if I do cough despite wearing a mask and covering my mouth.
Odd looks for "normal" coughs. Yup. That's a big part of the reason I started wearing a mask before the mandates started. My allergines have me coughing and sneezing a lot and I realized that the newer customers would not know.

Hornet3d

Wise
Odd looks for "normal" coughs. Yup. That's a big part of the reason I started wearing a mask before the mandates started. My allergines have me coughing and sneezing a lot and I realized that the newer customers would not know.

I can understand the reaction but it does make you think what it must have been like during the Great Plague.

eclark1894

Visionary
I avoided people who sneezed and coughed before coronovirus. And I never liked people getting too close to me before, but I admit I'm more wary about getting closer than six feet to anyone.

Hornet3d

Wise
I avoided people who sneezed and coughed before coronovirus. And I never liked people getting too close to me before, but I admit I'm more wary about getting closer than six feet to anyone.
I was already anti social before coronovirus so avoided anyone I did not already know where I could. Coronovirus just gave me more excuse to continue to do so.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Thanks to the pandemic, this is my reaction whenever someone coughs or sneezes in public now:

unreal

Noteworthy

IKR?! I quietly cough (behind my mask) and people are almost jumping out windows.

unreal

Noteworthy
caught!

I have used it that way. Now that you mention it, I'm enjoying queues without people right on my back. And, with masks on, people in queue tend not to be chattering away on their phones. Some can't even unlock them. Tables in cafe have be be farther apart. People aren't reading over my shoulder.

I know of hope this sort of thing stays around. The same as I hope people who feel a cold wear a mask in public. They may be strong. I probably am. But I'm around immune compromised people. Shame to go through chemo, beat cancer, and be taken out by a preventable little virus

eclark1894

Visionary
caught!

I have used it that way. Now that you mention it, I'm enjoying queues without people right on my back. And, with masks on, people in queue tend not to be chattering away on their phones.
Funny you should mention that. I couldn't stand when people were talking on their phones in line at the Supermarket, or if they got a call. But last week, I saw the movie In Like Flint. There's the coolest telephone ring from the president in the film. So I downloaded the ringtone and put it on my phone. Now I HOPE people call me while I standing in line. :rofl:

Hornet3d

Wise
Well news from the UK is not very positive at the moment, unless you look at the number of people testing positive to the new variant of Covid. One antivax group overwhelmed a testing station a week or so ago trashing the station and appearing to throw away some tests so some are getting a little more militant.

Government is asking companies to look at how they can run with reduced staff as, worse case scenario, they are suggesting anything up to 25% of the workforce may be isolating after testing positive for Covid. I guess we will not know the true figure until tomorrow morning when most places start opening up but the signs are not good. Loads of trains have been cancelled recently and some parts of the UK they are suspending refuse collections, both claiming lack of sufficient staff to run a normal service.

Like many around the world there are some dire predictions here on energy prices for the coming year and with a bad period of cold weather predicted for the north of the country that might bite some quite hard. Added to the concerns of trying to stay warm is the fact that pensions are set to rise by 3.1% while inflation is set to rise to around 6% in the coming months could mean pulling our belts in or raiding saving assuming people are able to pull their belts in or have savings of course. So all in all 2022 in the UK is not looking too great at this point.

On the personal side of things my wife and I had a great Christmas during which we were at least able to entertain my in-laws my sister and niece. After Christmas we both expected to be moving into another period of isolation so no great shock for us. The isolation does not bother me much as long as I have plenty to do to stop me becoming bored. I clearly still have Poser to keep me occupied and I have a couple of fairly large diamond paintings to do which was something I started doing way back in the first lock down. Unlike Poser though, where I can store all my renders quite easily, I will run out of walls I can hang diamond paintings on at some point. Happily during the run up to Christmas I purchased a bow maker so I could make the presents we gave a little more individual and that has got me into crafting a bit more so in the next day or so I should have a die cutting and embossing machine delivered. The aim is to start making our own cards and maybe even the odd scrap book for the family, that way anything I make only has to be stored for a short period.

So that is the situation here as we start taking the first tentative steps in 2022.

unreal

Noteworthy
Well news from the UK is not very positive at the moment, unless you look at the number of people testing positive to the new variant of Covid. One antivax group overwhelmed a testing station a week or so ago trashing the station and appearing to throw away some tests so some are getting a little more militant.

Government is asking companies to look at how they can run with reduced staff as, worse case scenario, they are suggesting anything up to 25% of the workforce may be isolating after testing positive for Covid. I guess we will not know the true figure until tomorrow morning when most places start opening up but the signs are not good. Loads of trains have been cancelled recently and some parts of the UK they are suspending refuse collections, both claiming lack of sufficient staff to run a normal service.

Like many around the world there are some dire predictions here on energy prices for the coming year and with a bad period of cold weather predicted for the north of the country that might bite some quite hard. Added to the concerns of trying to stay warm is the fact that pensions are set to rise by 3.1% while inflation is set to rise to around 6% in the coming months could mean pulling our belts in or raiding saving assuming people are able to pull their belts in or have savings of course. So all in all 2022 in the UK is not looking too great at this point.

On the personal side of things my wife and I had a great Christmas during which we were at least able to entertain my in-laws my sister and niece. After Christmas we both expected to be moving into another period of isolation so no great shock for us. The isolation does not bother me much as long as I have plenty to do to stop me becoming bored. I clearly still have Poser to keep me occupied and I have a couple of fairly large diamond paintings to do which was something I started doing way back in the first lock down. Unlike Poser though, where I can store all my renders quite easily, I will run out of walls I can hang diamond paintings on at some point. Happily during the run up to Christmas I purchased a bow maker so I could make the presents we gave a little more individual and that has got me into crafting a bit more so in the next day or so I should have a die cutting and embossing machine delivered. The aim is to start making our own cards and maybe even the odd scrap book for the family, that way anything I make only has to be stored for a short period.

So that is the situation here as we start taking the first tentative steps in 2022.
Plans and activities. Good things!

I think this is the secret to never being bored. Always have a list of 10-20 things you want to do. Free time, knock something off the list :)

unreal

Noteworthy

Anti-vaxing and destruction? That's a weird combo. Anti-vax is simple enough. Don't get one. No muss, no fuss. But attacking a place that's collecting tests? I'm not sure how that's anti-vax. That just seems anti-people. I have to say, that's a bit offensive. Almost everyone I know is people. Sure, some are dogs. And frankly, they're the better mammals. Anti-thunder, maybe. Anti-squirrel, I'm sure. But overall, amazingly nice.

Hornet3d

Wise
Plans and activities. Good things!

I think this is the secret to never being bored. Always have a list of 10-20 things you want to do. Free time, knock something off the list :)

I worry if I have less than 10 things on my to do list, having a long list does not stop me curling up with a book when I am in the mood but I have to have something to keep me busy.

eclark1894

Visionary
Anti-vaxing and destruction? That's a weird combo. Anti-vax is simple enough. Don't get one. No muss, no fuss. But attacking a place that's collecting tests? I'm not sure how that's anti-vax. That just seems anti-people. I have to say, that's a bit offensive. Almost everyone I know is people. Sure, some are dogs. And frankly, they're the better mammals. Anti-thunder, maybe. Anti-squirrel, I'm sure. But overall, amazingly nice.
Dogs are notoriously anti-rabbit too. Especially beagles. I had a beagle once. Never took him hunting and had him since he was a pup, but whenever we went into the woods, he was off like a shot after a rabbit or a squirrel. Didn't seem to care which.

robert952

Brilliant
There seems to be a trend with people thinking violence and damaging property will drive change. Not recalling the exact numbers now, but a survey showed a significant increase in people thinking this process works. So, sad.

A lot of people are worried about Jan 6 'anniversary' of last years attack on our Capital Building because of the trend. i won't get into the political stuff here. But I don't plan to head downtown this week.

Hornet3d

Wise
Dogs are notoriously anti-rabbit too. Especially beagles. I had a beagle once. Never took him hunting and had him since he was a pup, but whenever we went into the woods, he was off like a shot after a rabbit or a squirrel. Didn't seem to care which.

We have a Lurcher from the rescue centre who was actually used by poachers until they were caught by a farmer when they abandoned the dog and he is just the same as your beagle. Talking to other Lurcher owners they all Lurchers do that even those who have no hunting experience I guess it is inbred. Only real concern is making sure the prey is not the neighbour hood cat, lots of dog chase cats but many Lurchers are fast enough to catch them. Happily of us we are going into our eighth year being with him and other than chasing the odd stray cat over the garden fence there has been no issues.