• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting Newsletters at Renderosity

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I imagine that's a star rating...3 out of 5 stars!

Dana

That can't be - some renders get over 20 stars. If thumb up is "likes", I wonder what "star" means? Sounds redundant, but I don't know what it means.

English Bob

Adventurous
I wonder what "star" means?
It's the number of times the image has been favourited, analogous to the DeviantArt system. Gallery users have a list of their favourites and can go back to see them again, as opposed to likes which are more passive. I think you can also view another member's favourites, but I don't visit Rendo's gallery very often so have forgotten how to do most things there. :)

Edit: crashed into @Willowisp there, sorry about that. My insurance will cover it. :D

eclark1894

Visionary
The newsletter subscription has a large orange button claiming the following:

I click the button, and it claims I will receive an email with a link to subscribe, but I am not receiving one. I have double-checked the email address in my Rendo profile, and it is correct. It has to be, because I receive all other notifications from Rendo, just not the newsletter. Did you guys receive that email, or perhaps this is something new they are doing now?
Have you changed your email address? I first signed up at Renderosity under a different name and email. They're both still active although I don't use either anymore. I only have it at Renderosity because I have some items I purchased under that account long ago.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Little late to the party. Did you get a notice after you clicked on the big orange button about having a link sent to your email address? If you didn't get it then do you have the correct address logged to 'Rosity? That must be the issue if your not getting this email notice!

Here is the direct link, when you get there make sure you change the email to your own

Last edited:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Little late to the party. Did you get a notice after you clicked on the big orange button about having a link sent to your email address? If you didn't get it then do you have the correct address logged to 'Rosity? That must be the issue if your not getting this email notice!

Here is the direct link, when you get there make sure you change the email to your own
Richard can you click the link you posted to see if it still show your e-mail and not my ? I am thinking your link preferences was exclusive linked to your account.. now I may changed it ..

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Pretty sure the star is number of people who added it to their favourites

Ahh, so they made it similar to DeviantArt then. The icons were not very descriptive. ^^

It's the number of times the image has been favourited, analogous to the DeviantArt system. Gallery users have a list of their favourites and can go back to see them again, as opposed to likes which are more passive. I think you can also view another member's favourites, but I don't visit Rendo's gallery very often so have forgotten how to do most things there. :)

Thanks for explaining. I wouldn't have guessed that one. I have no idea how to access a favorites list at Rendo. The site seem significantly outdated for nowadays standards.

Have you changed your email address? I first signed up at Renderosity under a different name and email. They're both still active although I don't use either anymore. I only have it at Renderosity because I have some items I purchased under that account long ago.

Manage your communication preferences

Don't worry about it - that has been solved already. The big orange button doesn't work (no emails are sent), and Michelle Willard from Rendo sent me (and other people who were in the same situation) a direct link to where we can change the subscription settings. Don't know if they fixed the site now, but it wasn't working when I tried earlier this year. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
link worked for me as I changed a few of the newsletter options and saved back out again. So it's not working for SOME but some of us it's working for!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I removed the link from my main post, please edit and remove from yours, I was just trying to help Ken "get in" but it's solved for him so no need to keep the link for any post. Thanks!

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
@RAMWolff forgot to tell you that the link you shared actually worked , now I am getting newsletter again from Rendo ..