• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting Newsletters at Renderosity

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I still couldn't manage to receive newsletters from Rendo. I have tried subscribing several times, and checked my spam mail, but still getting nothing from them. Funny that I do get Rendo notifications, but not newsletters.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I still couldn't manage to receive newsletters from Rendo. I have tried subscribing several times, and checked my spam mail, but still getting nothing from them. Funny that I do get Rendo notifications, but not newsletters.
Wishlist notices come from admin @ renderosity.com
Newsletters come from:
newsletter @ renderosity.com
marketing @ renderosity.com
newsletter @ posersoftware.com

They're not all the same address.

Dana

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Wishlist notices come from admin @ renderosity.com
Newsletters come from:
newsletter @ renderosity.com
marketing @ renderosity.com
newsletter @ posersoftware.com

They're not all the same address.

Dana

From which one comes the Rendo newsletter? I receive the ones from Posersoftware, but not from Renderosity. Sometimes people tell me I have been featured on the newsletter, but I never saw it because I never got one.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Most of them come from newsletter @ renderosity.com. I think the marketing @ renderosity.com isn't an "everyday" newsletter we get, though I can't say for sure, as I don't save the emails once I've gone through them.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the info, Miss B. First thing I did was to check my spam inbox, but nothing there from the Renderosity.com domain. It is just not being sent, even though I have tried subscribing a number of times. It tells me I am already subscribed. I have also checked my blocked emails, but again, nothing from Renderosity.com there. I wonder what happened.

PS: I also get notified when products are sold, or when someone replied in the forums. Just not the newsletter.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Most of them come from newsletter @ renderosity.com. I think the marketing @ renderosity.com isn't an "everyday" newsletter we get, though I can't say for sure, as I don't save the emails once I've gone through them.
That's correct, the marketing one is less frequent.

Dana

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The newsletter subscription has a large orange button claiming the following:

We use Emma to manage our newsletters. Please click the button below to change your subscriptions. You will receive an email with a link to the Emma Subscription Center.

I click the button, and it claims I will receive an email with a link to subscribe, but I am not receiving one. I have double-checked the email address in my Rendo profile, and it is correct. It has to be, because I receive all other notifications from Rendo, just not the newsletter. Did you guys receive that email, or perhaps this is something new they are doing now?

DanaTA

Distinguished
Thanks for the info, Miss B. First thing I did was to check my spam inbox, but nothing there from the Renderosity.com domain. It is just not being sent, even though I have tried subscribing a number of times. It tells me I am already subscribed. I have also checked my blocked emails, but again, nothing from Renderosity.com there. I wonder what happened.

PS: I also get notified when products are sold, or when someone replied in the forums. Just not the newsletter.
You might have to actually sign up for those newsletters. I can't remember exactly where. And I can't find it on the menus! Sorry. Maybe contact Jen Blake (is that her name?)

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
The newsletter subscription has a large orange button claiming the following:

I click the button, and it claims I will receive an email with a link to subscribe, but I am not receiving one. I have double-checked the email address in my Rendo profile, and it is correct. It has to be, because I receive all other notifications from Rendo, just not the newsletter. Did you guys receive that email, or perhaps this is something new they are doing now?
Orange button? I don't remember that. In fact, I've been getting the newsletters for so long, I don't really remember how it started. My current Inbox folder for Renderosity Newsletters only goes back to some time in 2012. It seems they were weekly back then.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have double-checked the email address in my Rendo profile, and it is correct.
Odd, because in my profile it has a checkbox if you want to "change" your email address, but it doesn't show what the email address currently is.

That large orange button is definitely something new-ish. Can't say how long it's been there, as I've been a member there for the past 21 years, and I don't think I've ever changed my email address there in all that time.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Orange button? I don't remember that. In fact, I've been getting the newsletters for so long, I don't really remember how it started. My current Inbox folder for Renderosity Newsletters only goes back to some time in 2012. It seems they were weekly back then.

Dana

Yes, there is a large orange button to start a newsletter subscription using what they call "Emma". Maybe this is new, and it's not working yet? First I just clicked the button and thought that was it. Now I realize that will just send me an email with a link to "Emma", which I have never received - and I have tried a few times.

Odd, because in my profile it has a checkbox if you want to "change" your email address, but it doesn't show what the email address currently is.

That large orange button is definitely something new-ish. Can't say how long it's been there, as I've been a member there for the past 21 years, and I don't think I've ever changed my email address there in all that time.

You have to check a "click here to change your email" checkbox to see your current email. It claims it will send you an email to start the email address change, but at least this one Jenn already told me it doesn't work. We cannot currently change our emails even if we wanted to. I was using a different email there, and Jenn had to change it for me. Maybe that's not the only thing that is not working there. Maybe this "Emma" button isn't working as well. I am definitely not getting the "Emma" email to start a newsletter subscription.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Where is this "large orange button"? I don't see it! Do you both have active vendor accounts there? Perhaps it's only for vendors.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not a vendor Dana.

If you click on the Hi, DanaTA link next to your small avatar at the top right, and click on the Settings link of that dropdown menu, you will be sent to a page which has a list of links across the top right over where you set up your avatar. The last link is Newsletters, and if you click on it, it will take you to a page for Newsletter Subscriptions, and that's where the large orange button is.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Why couldn't I find that before? I looked and looked the other day!

While there, I unsubscribed from the Prime newsletter...I haven't been in Prime for several years! I kept getting the newsletters. I even contacted someone about it and was told to just ignore them. It would have been nice if someone told me about this page. Every time I get one of those newsletters, I get angry and yell at the computer, "I'm not in Prime!!!" :rolleyes:

Dana

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am a vendor, but I do not believe vendors get a special account. Mine is like any other, except that I have more menu options for vendor-related tasks. You won't see them until you activate the vendor settings. Chances are this orange button is not working, just like Rendo told me the email changing part doesn't work either. Maybe I have to talk to someone there.

English Bob

Adventurous
We cannot currently change our emails even if we wanted to.

I just changed mine, so maybe that's fixed now.

For some time, the newsletter subscription page carried a message saying that they were switching to a new service, which is presumably this Emma thing. I tried the magic orange button for myself, but I haven't received the promised link yet.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I have no idea if this will help, but when I changed to using gmail, I had trouble getting the Renderosity Newsletter. I eventually stumbled across it, when I clicked on "Promotions" at the top of the gmail page. Also it says it comes from-
newsletter@renderosity.com via e2ma.net , I did not make a typo, it said e2ma, not emma-?

Good luck!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the heads up, Flint. Considering I can receive all Rendo notifications, and also newsletters from PoserSoftware using Yahoo mail, it seems more probable than the Rendo newsletter issue is related to Emma not working at the moment. When I click the large orange button, it claims I will receive an email to subscribe, but that never happens. Others have tried in this thread, and they didn't get the email either, so it's not just me. I will have to talk to Rendo to get this resolved. I think I did that already, but now I perhaps understand the issue better.