• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting Newsletters at Renderosity

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for the post about the "Manage your preferences link at the bottom of the Newsletters Satira, as I just used it to remove me from the DAZ and Prime Newsletters. I never noticed that link, OR, I noticed it but didn't bother to pay attention to it. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Funny. I forgot about the light grey "tabs" that go across the settings page.

So, the large orange button basically results in an email being sent to you with a link to manage your preferences for the Renderosity newsletters.

I really, really hate links in emails. You just never know whether the email is legitimate, and consequently, whether the link is safe or if clicking on it will result in weeks and weeks of trying to undo various nasty things.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

So, the large orange button basically results in an email being sent to you with a link to manage your preferences for the Renderosity newsletters.

I really, really hate links in emails. You just never know whether the email is legitimate, and consequently, whether the link is safe or if clicking on it will result in weeks and weeks of trying to undo various nasty things.

Did you manage to actually get an email from that button? Didn't work for me. I have tried a few times, waited for a few days, checked my spam filter, and nothing. After a week, I just asked Rendo for help, because I was getting nowhere with that button, no matter how big and orange they made it. ;p

DanaTA

Distinguished

If you hover your mouse over a link, the true address will show (at least it does in Windows), either in a popup tool tip, or at the bottom left of the browser window. The same is true for emails, if you hover over the sender name, the true sender email address will show. You can see right away if it is going someplace suspicious.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very true Dana, but I usually don't even open emails if I don't know from whom/where they're coming from.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
According to emails send to me everyday, my bank has been cancelling my account multiple times a week, asking me to "login to confirm my credentials". The sender's email is obviously not from the bank, and these guys can't even write proper English, but they keep trying. Princes from remote areas of Africa keep asking me for help with some magical bank transaction, where I will get a percentage if I help transferring the money through my account. People receiving billionaire inheritances need my help transferring the money elsewhere, where they would pay me a share for helping by using MY bank account. And it goes on and on...

SOMEONE must be falling for these, or else they would had given up long ago. `(*>﹏<*)′

DanaTA

Distinguished
Very true Dana, but I usually don't even open emails if I don't know from whom/where they're coming from.
As I said, no need to open an email...just hover the mouse over the from entry...the true from address should be shown. If it's not familiar, don't open it. But this way you know for sure. Otherwise, you could throw away a good email that may be from a friend who has had a change in username somewhere.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
According to emails send to me everyday, my bank has been cancelling my account multiple times a week, asking me to "login to confirm my credentials". The sender's email is obviously not from the bank, and these guys can't even write proper English, but they keep trying. Princes from remote areas of Africa keep asking me for help with some magical bank transaction, where I will get a percentage if I help transferring the money through my account. People receiving billionaire inheritances need my help transferring the money elsewhere, where they would pay me a share for helping by using MY bank account. And it goes on and on...

SOMEONE must be falling for these, or else they would had given up long ago. `(*>﹏<*)′
Yeah, people are still falling for these. It's sad. And enfuriating! I think it's probably mostly elderly people who fall for these, but not only. Especially the one that says it's from a grandchild who's in jail and needs money to get out. The people are so evil!

Dana

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yeah, people are still falling for these. It's sad. And enfuriating! I think it's probably mostly elderly people who fall for these, but not only. Especially the one that says it's from a grandchild who's in jail and needs money to get out. The people are so evil!

Dana

Oh yes, children with cancer who need donations for treatment - I've got one recently that had a date on the 5 years old kid's photo, and it was from 2005, 16 years ago. I remember that kid - the photo was legit, but he died over a decade ago when his cancer was not treatable. They are still trying to cash over a dead kid from over a decade ago. The kid's name is different every time I get the email. There must be a special place in hell for people who do things like this.

Hornet3d

Wise
I regard myself as fairly cautious and understand computers and the like on a slightly more than basic level but I have been caught almost caught out twice in the last year. The first was when the BBC said they had problems collecting my direct debit for my TV license that is required in the UK and was told to go to the site. I used the link in the email, second mistake the first was opening the email in the first place, and went to the site. It all looked OK so I entered my user name and password and it was only when it than asked for my bank details I became suspicious and looked at the web address that was nothing like it should be. As I have already given away my login details I went to the correct site and changed them but I have to say there was no way other than the address that you could tell the site pages apart.

The second was when I received a message form a courier company saying that the tried to deliver a package and failed and there was a £5 redelivery charge, again I went on to the site and the only way to pay was by direct debit, no credit card or PayPal. I was expecting a package from this very company but was suspicious so went to the main web site to track the package but there on the first page was a warning about the scam and a statement saying they never charge for a redelivery.

I don't think I am particularly stupid and even though I may have been having an off day it bothers me that I was almost caught out mainly because it if I can be caught what about all those, young and old, who are not quite as aware of the pitfalls that are delivered so regularly by emails.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The fact that they keep sending these emails, being banned, and then starting over with a new name and account means that SOMEONE must be falling for their schemes, or else they would had given up years ago. Sometimes the email forgeries are SO good that I have too look closely to see the flaws, often with completely unrelated email addresses, and sometimes with blatant English typos. The easiest way is just to look at the sender's email address, because that cannot be forged.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I am not getting any newsletter from Rendo, they had some e-mail issues since just now I started getting notifications
Just got one about Ken1171 new product release , but still no newsletter
going to hunt for the orange button again, maybe it helps

DanaTA

Distinguished
The easiest way is just to look at the sender's email address, because that cannot be forged.
Not so sure about that...I've gotten emails from me! It's kind of scary how they can do that. Same with phone calls...I've been called by me. o_O

Dana

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am not getting any newsletter from Rendo, they had some e-mail issues since just now I started getting notifications
Just got one about Ken1171 new product release , but still no newsletter
going to hunt for the orange button again, maybe it helps

Haha I didn't get the notification of my own release! I am getting the Rendo newsletter now, and Rendo forum notifications. The product was released after the newsletter was out, so it wasn't mentioned there. Where did you see this notification? I would like to see what it looks like.

As far as I have tried, the large Emma orange button doesn't work. You may have better luck emailing marketing@renderosity.com to receive a direct link to the settings page, instead of waiting for an email with a link that may never arrive.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Haha I didn't get the notification of my own release! I am getting the Rendo newsletter now, and Rendo forum notifications. The product was released after the newsletter was out, so it wasn't mentioned there. Where did you see this notification? I would like to see what it looks like.
It had the main promo, very large!

Dana

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist

As far as I have tried, the large Emma orange button doesn't work. You may have better luck emailing marketing@renderosity.com to receive a direct link to the settings page, instead of waiting for an email with a link that may never arrive.
I just got text based notification regarding your release since I follow you on Rendo , no newsletter no links after orange button ..

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
For anyone else wondering, Michelle Willard has sent me a direct link to change my subscription settings that bypasses that large orange Emma button. That's how I got my subscriptions back to normal. I guess that kind of confirms the subscription button wasn't working. Don't know if it is now, but if not, ask Michelle at Rendo for a direct link to the page where you can change your subscription settings.

On another subject, does anybody know what the "star" means on the Rendo galleries? The eye at the middle are the page views, the thumbs up are probably the equivalent to "likes". But what does the star mean?

RoStats.jpg