• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Feed Your Muse Render Challenge! - CLOSED

Me195

Extraordinary
Uhhhhh, no . . . I know my eyesight's not as good as it was 20 or so years ago, but even when I clicked it to see it larger, I couldn't find the knife and fork. ;)

I couldn't find it either. Maybe if I'd put my glasses on?

well...i can see something like that...but not in her hands...paws

I don't think it's either of your eyesights that is the problem. My glasses correct my vision to 20/20 and I know where they are, but I still have trouble finding them. They are very shiny silver perhaps too shiny. The queen has four arms. Two are large and articulate. The other two are small and less articulate. The fork and knife are in the small set of hands located below the jaw and slightly to the left in the picture. I was trying to keep the meal theme going.:)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I did see the fork but not the knife.

And since I couldn't enter, I'm putting one up now, and yes I know they are floating (I forgot to check the HDRI ok :p)
The animals and me (in the jeans) trying to feed the hungry muse and all that cake is not doing it for her!
feed my muse.jpg

3dcheapskate

Engaged
Great render very imaginative. It inspired this and my third entry that I never finished. It doesn't look good for the queen though because if your muse can eat those eggs she is unstoppable.
You get extra points if you can see the knife and fork.
My first thought was actually that you'd set your Muse-O-Matic to 'Bleuuuarrrggh!', although I did eventually spot what looks like a three-tined fork held menacingly in a horizontal manner near the alien queen's lower right jaw. I'd assume that the knife is held in her left mini-claw in a similar manner, but I can't say that I've made a definite ID of it.
(P.S. My muse says that a chainsaw and an ice cream scoop would've been weirder. She likes weird. She also likes your picture!)

3dcheapskate

Engaged
I did see the fork but not the knife.

And since I couldn't enter, I'm putting one up now, and yes I know they are floating (I forgot to check the HDRI ok :p)
The animals and me (in the jeans) trying to feed the hungry muse and all that cake is not doing it for her!
View attachment 38063
Love the picture - I think the floating in the air thingy actually adds to it!
But a little voice in my head (I know who that is!) whispers that the leopard's thinking "I wonder what flavour muse is ?"

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well then, I'll take a large slice of that chocolate cake please. :D

Very well done Rae. I would've suggested you use "Drop to Floor" to stop them all from floating, but then I remembered you use DS, and not Poser. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well then, I'll take a large slice of that chocolate cake please. :D

Very well done Rae. I would've suggested you use "Drop to Floor" to stop them all from floating, but then I remembered you use DS, and not Poser. ;)
Cake is all yours!

And they are on the floor but the HDRi is set to auto and its shifted to the wrong place, if I wasn't lazy I could change it to manual and fix it but since its not eligible for the comp anyway I didn't bother :D