• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

DanaTA

Distinguished
You DO realize, of course, that the knuckle IS a joint. :laugh:

Yes. ;) I think you know what I meant, though...where the finger joins the hand. But, as noted earlier, my comment may be disregarded, because it seems not always accurate. I do not wear rings.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Been working on this ALL day because i did something stupid. Subdivided the watch and ended up with almost 2 million vertices. Slowed my computer down to where frozen molasses was moving faster. Finally ended up going back and starting over. Stil need to import everything to Poser and smart prop it, but I'll do that tomorrow.

1596576373204.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Odd...this thread is listed under the Harry the Horse heading. :confused: I thought there was something new for Harry when I saw there was a new post in here.

Dana

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think because Earl started out making a couple of horsey stuff in this thread before it evolved to other items (I would still like the horses stuff, hint, hint lol)

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, to be honest, I almost never stop working on a project. I just either lose interest, or something else takes over. I still have Dawn's House, Harry's Stables, The Supermarket, etc. on back order. The ring and watches were from my jewelry phase a few months ago. So knowing this about myself, I just put stuff aside for now until I can get back to it. And yes, Rae, that includes the horse and buggy.

eclark1894

Visionary
So I 'ported over the ring and watch into Poser today. Still haven't saved them as Poser props yet, or shaded them yet in this pic, but hopefully I'll get that out the way today also. And yes, Miss B, I know that isn't the ring finger either. ;)

1596783862596.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I have to back in Blender for some re-dos. Primarily the watch case. The band actually looks fine, but the case itself is way to thin to house anything like gears or electronics. So I need to make it thicker. You know, Dawn could use some finger nails and polish. :)

1596823299352.png

eclark1894

Visionary
The ring is now officially a Poser Prop and smart propped to the left hand ring finger. Now, I need to finish up the watch. I wonder if DS can smart prop things and how you do it it can?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't used DS regularly in a few years, but IIRC, yes it does smart propping. How to do it in the latest version of DS, someone else will have to help you.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It looks nice, but I can't really see the watch face easily. It seems to be in shadow. Can you rotate it up a bit so it's in the light?

Or add another light directly in front of the watch.

eclark1894

Visionary
It looks nice, but I can't really see the watch face easily. It seems to be in shadow. Can you rotate it up a bit so it's in the light?

Or add another light directly in front of the watch.
The watch face is just colored dark. I wanted the numbers and hands to stand out more. But it's a diffuse color so you can make it any color you wish.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Much easier to see now, but the roman numerals are wrong. E.g., you have 4 (IV) where 6 (VI) should be, and you have 11 (XI) where 10 (X) should be.

Also some of them look like they've been turned around, which may have caused the 4/6 error. IOW, I think I'm looking at the back of the numbers instead of their fronts. Lastly, the bottom 5 numbers are upside down, and would be difficult to read on a real watch.

Here's a screenshot of a watch I found at Amazon that should give you an idea what I'm talking about, though I would use IV for 4, and not the IIII this watch has.

RomanNumeralsWatch.jpg

Hope that helps.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Yeah, IIII is not Roman numeral four! It's a shame that a manufacturer can't be bothered to check their designs before committing to production!

Dana