• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Seachnaisaigh has some really neat lighted textures for Poser. Ask him if you can use them for the candles.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm thinking this might be my first freebie upload. It is rather huge though so you'd definitely need to size it to your figure.

1596377013771.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Now I know why I'm not a vendor.
Anyway, I was going to upload the diamond ring to ShareCG, BUT, I needed to make it a Poser prop first. So I imported it into Poser, then realized I needed to shrink it down and size it to fit Dawn. Which, believe it or not, I did. Took me all day, but I did it. Of course, I still have a little work to do...

1596417365736.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Is there a specific reason why you've sized it for her middle finger, rather than her ring finger?

I'm just asking out of curiosity, as I know (have known) women who wear rings on their middle fingers.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Don't worry, Earl...unless it's an engagement ring, I've seen rings on all of a woman's fingers.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Anyway, I need to go back and size the ring to fit dawn and probably La Femme. It doesn't have to be a perfect fit, just closer in size when I import it to Poser. I'm going to also see if I can save this as an obj. file so DS users can use it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, so I fit the ring to Dawn's finger, and I'm thinking it should probably be a little bigger. But here's a more basic question. It's a small ring, and fits on her finger. Should it be smart-propped, and which finger?

1596444091237.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
It doesn't look to me like it needs to be a little bigger, but maybe different hand poses may require it. I'll leave that up to you to decide.

As far as smart propping it, yes I think that would be good, and if you can, I'd smart prop it to the Ring finger on each hand. IOW, folks can then choose whether to put it on the left hand, OR the right hand.

BTW, it's looking good, and making a fit for LF's ringer fingers too would be nice. ;)

DanaTA

Distinguished
I can't answer any of those questions, but I will say that usually the ring is positioned down against the joint area, not up near the knuckle.

Dana

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I used to wear a celtic band on my thumb on my left hand (with my wedding/engagement rings on the "ring" finger), I wouldn't used a ring that had a stone with claws because it gets caught on everything. Sometimes I'd wear a dress ring on the pointer finger of that hand, but I didn't want to wear ones next to my wedding ring, the other hand I'd wear rings on all the fingers :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
I can't answer any of those questions, but I will say that usually the ring is positioned down against the joint area, not up near the knuckle.
Funny, as I often wore my rings closer to the knuckle, but that was more for comfort, than for how it looked.