• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

eclark1894

Visionary
Thought I'd show this here instead of continually de-railing Chris' thread.

1589573594226.png
1589573649681.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't think it's too low on her head so much as it's tilted too far back, and that's why her ear is showing. Actually, it might be a combination of both options. First I'd tilt it less than it is, and then, if necessary, raise it a bit.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'll get back to my Supermarket in a couple of days, but just thought I'd mix it up a bit by tackling the hat idea while it was fresh and I was so enthused. Tried my hand at a pillbox hat. I need to work on that. I tried to go with a wedding style pillbox hat, but I think it's way too small and of course, I still need the netting.
1589723929207.png
1589724078523.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, it's way too small. Try making it larger, like the one in the photo you're using as a reference, and it'll be easier to work with.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That second one Satira posted was the kind my mom wore, though I don't recall her ever wearing a black one.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Young whippersnappers won't know this for sure! :D The one I used had a quartz phase-locked loop control. Direct drive. I don't know if you can even find one that's not a belt drive these days.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
The ones I used at the radio station I worked at were all direct drive. The more expensive ones were. They were the best ones for Dee Jaying. Belt drive's tended to slip too much. :D