• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've never heard of rockmelon. I have to look that up. :)

P.S. Oh, I see. It's another term for cantaloupe. Never heard it called that before.
Its what us Aussie call it (and I think the Kiwis do as well). I think I was late teens when I first heard someone call it a cantaloupe, you don't hear that word often here. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm.... having a little design issue. How does she reach the produce?
I know it looks simple, but depending on the setup, it really isn't. I thought about doing it this way.

1588028199838.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmm.... having a little design issue. How does she reach the produce?
I know it looks simple, but depending on the setup, it really isn't. I thought about doing it this way.
Studying that photo for a while, I realized there are mirrors near the top actually looking down on the produce, so it looks taller than it actually is.

That said, however, I don't think I've ever seen a produce section set up like that. I can't promise anything, but I'll try to grab a couple of shots next time I'm at the supermarket so you can see how they have it set up. Needless to say, every supermarket's different so you never know what the produce section will look like.

eclark1894

Visionary
But this is what I came up with. Forgot to show my work. :)
I suppose I could put it on more of an angle and put mirrors above it too. I'll try that.

1588035586492.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Now, I don' know that you actually need more of an angle, and I think the mirror is "deceiving". I don't know if I'd want my customers to feel deceived. They should be able to see exactly what they're getting.

Personally, I like what you did. The bins each look large enough to hold a bunch of each of fruits and/or veggies.

eclark1894

Visionary
Now, I don' know that you actually need more of an angle, and I think the mirror is "deceiving". I don't know if I'd want my customers to feel deceived. They should be able to see exactly what they're getting.

Personally, I like what you did. The bins each look large enough to hold a bunch of each of fruits and/or veggies.

I could do like they do at my local Walmart and have both.
1588038168247.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
all the ones I've seen in the major chains here are like that last pic (has both bins and the fridge section.
Unless you like the mirror look I think it would use more recourses rendering?

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm with you about the mirrors Rae. I like the original version he posted above, and yes I like this last pick with the bins in a group.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, other than the oversized fruit (?) or vegetable (?) I like the look. I was just thinking though, you don't really need to make it twice as long. There's no reason why there has to be one overly long unit. You could have two such units, one right next to the other. That way you could have one for veggies, and one fruits. How does that sound?

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, other than the oversized fruit (?) or vegetable (?) I like the look. I was just thinking though, you don't really need to make it twice as long. There's no reason why there has to be one overly long unit. You could have two such units, one right next to the other. That way you could have one for veggies, and one fruits. How does that sound?
Sounds about right, but in this case it's more or less, "either, or". They'll take up the same amount of space and would have to be filled.

eclark1894

Visionary
I think I'll be putting most of the fruits in the bins, veggies in the fridge units. Trying my hand at leafy vegetables now, like Collards, Spinach and Kale.

1588105227831.png