• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

eclark1894

Visionary
I can probably fit more veggies in this shot, but I'll obscure some others. So think I'll start a new screen.

1587925045765.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Have you sized these things for Dawn and/or G8? Compared to the milk jugs, the cart seems a little small. it's hard to tell the true size, though, without a human in the photo.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Have you sized these things for Dawn and/or G8? Compared to the milk jugs, the cart seems a little small. it's hard to tell the true size, though, without a human in the photo.

Dana
Not yet. Plus I'm trying something a little different wit h the produce by making the individual props first. Then I have to make bins to put the produce in.

eclark1894

Visionary
Thing is, I hate cantaloupes. I can't even stand to smell them. To me, they're the okra of the melon world. Crap, now I have make some okra. :cautious:

1587987921079.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love rockmelon but I have to have a bit of sugar on them and they have to be fresh

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I love rockmelon but I have to have a bit of sugar on them and they have to be fresh
One thing I learned many many years ago. A good many fruits, and some veggies, are really seasonal, so even though you may be able to buy them any time of the year, they are at their best during the summer season. Melons, all of them, are best during June, July and August (here in the US). The rest of the year they're available, but often tasteless.

Ears of corn are another one. A friend and I used to spend our summer weekends all the way out on Long Island, and in the middle of August all the local farmers used to set up road side stands where they would sell their ears of corn, and we ALWAYS grabbed a bunch for each of our families. My mother always smiled when I called her and told her I was able to get a bunch for her as well. That was the time to buy it at supermarket too, but we got it fresher because the framers sold them roadside. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
I have a produce area in the store, but no bins or shelves. Since I've already made a few vegetables and fruits I have to have a place to put them on display. Some of you, seem to believe that I have everything to the wrong scale, so I imported Dawn and a shopping cart that I created that are to proper Poser scale, to show I am going to have everything to scale. It's just easier to create items that are gigantic for detail and shrink them down to scale.

1588021608492.png