• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

eclark1894

Visionary
Kinda sorta took the day off today. I went outside and cut down some bushes. Some with hedge clippers, others with a powersaw.

eclark1894

Visionary
Went to work this morning. Broke some monotony. Got back to work by adding some yogurt to the third reach-in at the supermarket.

1587768070655.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can tell heaps, looks much better (the purple in the first one just looked flat)

eclark1894

Visionary
I could actually make it look more realistic, and maybe I will for the individual props. The ones on display in the cases are merely fillers so I don't want to waste more polys on them. These are just textures. The individual props will have a separate material for the inside contents that will be individually shaded.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As everyone's already mentioned, the glass jars have a slight shine to then, which make them very realistic looking. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Took a slight break from the Dairy case today and tried my hand at some produce. Watermelons not looking too
good right now. But I'll work on it. :D

1587842596045.png

eclark1894

Visionary
And I've had these fruits hanging around Blender like forever. So, I can add them to my produce section. Think I'll see if I can add some carrots, cucumbers and celery.

1587846194604.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, surprisingly, that was easier than I thought it would be. Still some minor problems that I'll need to iron out, but not bad for a first try. Not gonna do the celery though, at least not yet. That one's gonna take some effort I believe.
1587856137660.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's a great diet food. I've read that you burn more calories chewing it than it gives you!

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I rather like celery, as long as it's not cooked. It's so disgusting in soups. But, I don't like a number of things in soup or stew, like corn, mushrooms, celery, string beans, any kind of peppers. Depending on the soup, peas, tomatoes, and dried beans are ok. Carrots, potatoes, turnips, garlic (of course), are almost always good in a soup or stew.

But celery raw, with peanut butter, oh yummy!