• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

eclark1894

Visionary
Someone in the Poser forum at Renderosity asked for this perspective view, so I obliged.

1585515638488.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I would say that's just about right for the height of the shelving. Even if Dusk is somewhere between 6'2" and 6'4", the shelves should still be a bit taller than he is.

DanaTA

Distinguished
This was sitting here waiting to be posted. I'm sure I posted it the other day. This is the second time this has happened here. The other time was also a couple days ago, with a private message:

I don't think it's too bad. The shelving units at the stores I shop at are not all flat out at the same depth. There is usually a deeper space at the floor level...where things that fall and are in the way tend to be kicked under, so nobody slips and falls on them. I do that, anyway. Pieces of cardboard are often on the floor, and they can be slippery. I'd hate to see someone slip and get hurt. Anyway, I think this would eliminate that reflection.

I, too, stand on the bottom shelf in order to reach something on the top shelf. Too often, there is only one or two of the item that I want, and it's way at the back of the shelf. Sometimes that doesn't even help, and I have to ask a worker to get it for me. :confused:

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
I added a fifth level to the shelves. Haven't put anything there yet, but I will. I think I'm going to pull the bottom shelf in some more and I'll put the shelf sections on legs to raise them off the floor and eliminate some of the floor reflection. Although to be honest, it still doesn't bother me at all.

1585532232795.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
The fifth level I think will make it look even more realistic. Pushing the bottom level back so it's in line with the other shelves would work as well.

As far as the reflection from the floor, maybe you could adjust the reflection a little bit, OR, and this is just a suggestion, maybe leave the reflection on the 2nd through 5th shelves, but just remove it, if possible, from the bottom shelf. Then maybe the floor wouldn't reflect on it.

Also, if you move the bottom shelf back so it's even with the other shelves, the tops of the boxes wouldn't be reflecting on the second shelf, as I can see just below the Pancake Mix boxes.

Also you might consider the lighting, because it's looking like the floor is faded in some places, especially right at the center bottom of the image.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I'm still working on a few things, but I'm about to quit for the night. Still, I duplicated the second shelf so I could quickly fill the top shelf. I raised the shelf bottom and created some legs for it to stand on. And I made the bottom shelf thinner and moved it back in a bit. I'll work on it some more in the morning.

1585536126992.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I believe I finally managed to properly unwrap the cube so as to make this loaf of bread. I'm still not finished and I have more to do for texturing the products for the store.
1585938155068.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I'm continuing to create products to stock my store model with. Of course, they're low polymodels because I'm going to need a lot of them. I did something this time that I didn't last time, but ultimately, I'm still going to have to go back and re-texture these models. But here is a sample of what I'm working on now. Three brands of bodywash from the hygiene and first aid aisle in the supermarket. I'm doing some rethinking about the size of the supermarket, too. I'm thinking I may shorten the width of the building and thus the aisles. I'd need lessproducts, equals less models, equals less memory. We'll see.

1586050094733.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Good work, but...the perspective seems to be backwards. I'm sure it must be something to do with the camera settings or something. Things usually look smaller as the go into the distance.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK Earl, this is what Dana is talking about. I only did 3 large cubes, but I think you'll be able to see what he means. Your products are smaller when closer to the camera, and larger further down the aisle. They should be larger closer, and smaller further down the aisle.

Products-1.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
The screen shot was simply the way I angled the camera to fit it all in the shot, plus it is the orthogonal view, not the perspective view of the camera. I was also looking to see that the top and sides of the cube were being textured correctly.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I didn't complain, I was just stating something I was seeing, and did the quick setup in Blender so you'd know what I was talking about. You hadn't mentioned what camera view you had used, so I didn't realize your camera was not in Perspective view.

eclark1894

Visionary
I didn't complain, I was just stating something I was seeing, and did the quick setup in Blender so you'd know what I was talking about. You hadn't mentioned what camera view you had used, so I didn't realize your camera was not in Perspective view.
Well, you weren't the only one who mentioned it. Anomalaus said something also in the Poser Forum at Renderosity.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm finished for tonight, so I'm off to bed.

P.S. : I intended to post this last night before I went to bed. Didn't realize I was so sleepy I forgot to hit post. :D

1586139042041.png