• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.

Earl's WIPs

HaiGan

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
The dough gets pressed together where it crosses over, when it's soft before it's baked- the total thickness at the crossing points is not much greater than the thickness of the single strand. Does your modelling app let you do that?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YES, that's exactly what I was talking about. They are entwined around each other where they meet in the middle, which I didn't see in your screenshot above.

As for the street vendors, that's something you don't see much here in NY anymore, but years ago you could see them everywhere.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The dough gets pressed together where it crosses over, when it's soft before it's baked- the total thickness at the crossing points is not much greater than the thickness of the single strand. Does your modelling app let you do that?
Oh, so THAT's how they do it.

eclark1894

Distinguished
I call him, lollipop, lollipop
Oh lolli lolli lolli, lollipop, lollipop
Oh lolli lolli lolli, lollipop, lollipop
Oh lolli lolli lolli, lollipop
Sweeter than candy on a stick
Huckleberry, cherry or lime
If you had a choice he'd be your pick
But lollipop is mine

1581945174674.png

My Blender sweet tooth strikes again. :sneaky:

eclark1894

Distinguished
Beer anyone? I still want to do this with a Cycles texture, but for the moment, I'm stumped on how to texture the labels in Cycles. I'll figure it out though.

1582080707748.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not necessarily a beer drinker, but I think lots of folks do, so should be quite useful.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I used to drink soda, but it's been many years since. I'm more a water drinker these days.

As for the labels, since they're solid colors with white text, it might not need much in the way of special Cycles materials.