• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

eclark1894

Visionary
Good as you're going to need a lot to fill up those aisles. ;)
I'm working on it. :D

1586555689060.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree Janet. With the different sized product boxes on the shelves, it looks more like a real supermarket aisle.

eclark1894

Visionary
I was and still am a little worried about making this a polygon heavy set. I was worried about adding too many individual little products on the shelves. But I realized that I was a little too worried about getting some details right that will never be seen or even rendered, so when I finally finish this behemoth set, I'm going to whittle it down even more by deleting faces and polygons that will never be seen, like the backs of some of these products. Once I export them for use in Poser, they're going to become part of the shelf object anyway, so the backs and bottoms will never be seen or rendered.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Perhaps, then, consider making a single object of each, or certain ones, for use at home after the shopping. Just a thought.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Perhaps, then, consider making a single object of each, or certain ones, for use at home after the shopping. Just a thought.

Dana
I plan to make each shelf and it's products one object. Don't want anything to get lost on loading or left out of the download.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Nope not at all. I know of people in the horse show world back in the 80/90s that used it on horses to remove a winter coat quicker so the horses were nice and sleek for show season.
I plan to make each shelf and it's products one object. Don't want anything to get lost on loading or left out of the download.

What I meant is, one object, say a box of cereal, that can be on the table at home, things like that. And maybe a shopping bag with things in it.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like that idea Dana. They can be separate small props for renders of what a customer came home with, OR even for use in the shopping cart while still in the store. Both before, and after, checking out.

eclark1894

Visionary
I like that idea Dana. They can be separate small props for renders of what a customer came home with, OR even for use in the shopping cart while still in the store. Both before, and after, checking out.
I plan to do individual products too. But those will be for things like the shopping cart, the counter, and the groceries bag.

eclark1894

Visionary
How many polygons do you have already?
Can't say, really. It's a collection of objects at this point with more to come. Not over a million yet, though.

I shortened the store and shelves today. That'll make the whole set smaller, so less product needed to stock the shelves. Only using six shelving units though.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think he plans to have some sections along the walls. The deli would be a good example. I also think he mentioned standing frozen food section, but I don't recall if he plans that as part of one of the aisles, or across one of the walls.

In my supermarket, they have both facing each other in one of the back aisles.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
To find out the polygon count in blender add everything, control J to combine them all, then go to edit mode and look in the upper or lower right hand side and look at faces number.