• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I often find texturing the hardest part of all. Certainly the most time consuming.

eclark1894

Visionary
I haven't quite finished to Cereal section of the store, but I'm working on it. :)

1585083834480.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I keep wondering if I'm cheating here. On one hand the set is rather large. I don't want Poser to choke on it. On the other hand, I feel like I'm not giving people the models and detail they really want. I readily admit, stocking the store is an optical illusion.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I keep wondering if I'm cheating here. On one hand the set is rather large. I don't want Poser to choke on it. On the other hand, I feel like I'm not giving people the models and detail they really want. I readily admit, stocking the store is an optical illusion.

Just leave most of the shelves empty. It would be rather accurate these days! :rolleyes:;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Or, he could do two versions. One fully stocked, and one since the pandemic hit.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Maybe have one individual item of each as a seperate prop so figures can be posed taking an item off the shelf?

eclark1894

Visionary
That I plan to do. If you look at one of the images I posted, you will see Dusk at the checkout counter with some props I already made. I do have others.

eclark1894

Visionary
Whew! Okay finished stocking the cereal aisle in the supermarket for now. Made a few texture improvements like color of the shelf and floor. And giving the shelves a bit of a metallic sheen. I think I actually need to shrink the height of the shelves a bit and reduce the cube size of the boxes a bit more. These things appear to be dwarfing Dusk.

1585387437566.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, you made different sized boxes. That's good as then they'll look like there's some variety.

As far as the floor goes, I'd make it all one color, especially if you keep the metallic sheen on the shelves.

As far as dwarfing Dusk, have you been to a supermarket lately? They are always at least two rows taller than the average height person. I'm always looking for someone to get something for me on the top shelf, which is often where what I want resides, so to speak.

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh, you made different sized boxes. That's good as then they'll look like there's some variety.

As far as the floor goes, I'd make it all one color, especially if you keep the metallic sheen on the shelves.

As far as dwarfing Dusk, have you been to a supermarket lately? They are always at least two rows taller than the average height person. I'm always looking for someone to get something for me on the top shelf, which is often where what I want resides, so to speak.
Yeah, but someone has to be able to reach up and get it. I do that for women and people in wheelchairs all the time. Dusk is taller than me though. So's Dawn for that matter. :sneaky:

I think I need to shrink the boxes down a little more, though. Compared to the ones at the checkout, those are huge!

eclark1894

Visionary
The boxes were easy to do and save polys on. There were just eight polys in a cube. I might even go back and re-texture them by having several boxes be part of one cube. Ultimately,I'm trying to keep the poly count as low as I can. This is already going to be a problem overall, but one exacerbated by bottles and cans.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think I need to shrink the boxes down a little more, though. Compared to the ones at the checkout, those are huge!
Yes, it's hard to tell just looking at this one image whether they're the same size as the one at the checkout counter.

Keeping the poly count down as low as possible is always good. After all, these are for distance viewing, so not being high poly count is not a fault.

Miss B

CV-BEE
By itself, not necessarily. It's the reflection of it on the bottom of the shelves. Maybe try either reducing the metallic settings of the shelves or, removing it.