• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dusk Skeleton In Progress

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL, I don't recall that particular version, but I had the same reaction - hearing "The hip bone's connected to the back bone" and so one :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Today's efforts on hip bones.

Should be able to finish the pelvis tomorrow.

Skull108.JPG
Skull109.JPG
Skull110.JPG
Skull111.JPG
Skull112.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
When it comes to human anatomy Chris, you ARE a genius. This skeleton is just an amazing piece of work. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I love the TV show BONES! and I understand you can tell female from male BY THE BONES?! soooo... we gonna have a female and male set? ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good question Lyne. I would assume the bones in the pelvic region is different for a female, as she's the one who has to carry/bear the children.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah we'll have this fit for Dawn also. But starting with Dusk first. The male fit is used more as a general reference. Indeed the female skeleton has a different look and yes the pelvis openings are wider and broader as a general rule.

Here is the finished pelvis that I just finished tonight for Dusk. My plan is to move to the scapula, clavicle, sternum and rib cage, followed by bones of the upper and lower limbs.

Skull114.JPG
Skull115.JPG
Skull116.JPG
Skull117.JPG
Skull118.JPG
Skull119.JPG

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones...

Loving it Chris!

I had a thought, will this be rigged the same as Dusk so we can use his poses etc?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking good...are we going to get different textures for it? It would be great to have a grungy texture for in Dungeon renders.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good questions about the rigging and textures Rae and Pen. I'd be interested in those as well. :)