• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Deecey's Hivewire Products

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Deecey has arrived at the Hive with five products created in collaboration with Nerd3D!

Maisie is a cute and sassy toon female with full Poser 11 feature support
Store Page: Maisie - Weight Mapped Toon Female for Poser

Hex for Maisie ... Maisie's in the Shell!
Store Page: Hex for Maisie

Maisie Dancer ... great for dancing or fairy renders!
Store Page: Maisie Dancer

Maisie Schoolgirl ... shes bored of education.
Store Page: Maisie Schoolgirl

Red Hot for Maisie ... the ultimate sexy toon female
Store Page: Red Hot for Maisie

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
YAY!

Welcome to the Hive, Deecey, and welcome to Maisie.

Thanks to you and Chuck for bringing her here !

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YAY from me too!! She really is a cutie, and it's good to see her here at HiveWire.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Caught me by surprise showing up all of the sudden like this! Went straight to my cart! :snoopydance:

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
I haven't used Carrara in a very very long time so I'm afraid I can't answer that with certainty. But Maisie is weight mapped for Poser 11 (she will work in Poser 10 with some feature limitations). I'm not even sure if Carrara handles weight mapped figures, wish I could help.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I like, I like, I like! She's adorable!
Will have to wait 'till I upgrade to Poser 11 though. I only have PP2012 now

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I hope this is okay to post in your thread Deecey...if not let me know and I will move it.
I picked up Maisie and I've been playing with her in DS. So far I've converted it to weightmap (triax) and realigned the rigging for Lacey by clicking on the bone icon and selecting edit/adjust rigging to shape.
For anyone else interested in getting her into DS. The problems I've come across so far are the expressions look funny so any poses containing the expressions can't be used as I haven't found a way to zero just the head yet but I intend to play with it some more. Edited to add that the expressions can be zeroed by select the bone in the scene tab and changing the total to 0. Need to explore this further.

Rather than derail Deecey's thread if anyone is interested in what process I follow I'm happy to set up a wip thread some where.

I know that I can't share the actual files but by sharing the process someone else who wants it in DS might be able to do so.
Maisie in DS...sorry about the poorly fitting hair. I need to play with that some more. The mats appear to work that I've tried so far but of course adjustments will need to be done to get a really good result.
maisie.jpg

Last edited:

Deecey

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Pen, please feel free to continue. It's OK with me.

As far as the expressions go, there are two expressions in the Nerd3Dee "Expressions" library, one is for zeroing the face morphs, and the other one is to zero the face controls (which are basically a whole ton of weight mapped ghost bones).

As far as some of the expressions looking funny. Only thing I can think of is Poser 11 supports "smooth translations", which are not supported in Poser 10 and earlier. Some of the expressions may look funny in DS because some of the facial expressions do use smooth translations here and there.

I'm psyched that you're doing this! Maybe Chuck and I should make you an offer you can't refuse. LMAO

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Deecey...I'm not sure if I'd ever get it to the point of a saleable product but definitely will get it to a usable point. As you know the standards for getting it as a finished product are higher than what someone who is doing their own conversion needs to do. I worked out that there are bones for the face expressions and how to zero them...so I can use the other poses now. Still need to work out how to get the expressions to work but I'm sure it will be possible just need to work out how. I do think you're right about it being something to do with smoothing.

I love this little lady she is just too cute for words!

Maisie -The Knot pose with face zeroed. I haven't touched the mats yet...this is in Iray.
maisie the knot.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think I might have worked out what I need to do with the expressions...the weightmaps when converted need some tidying up and smoothing added. Getting there slowly. Once I get it to where it needs to go I'll post another render with the emotions.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Still needs work but it's getting there...just noticed that I need to fix the hand on the knee...damn...oh well...as I said it's getting there.
maisie catch a wave.jpg

maisie cross legs.jpg

Last edited: