• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

DAZ to Poser - how?

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I did an add - on for the HiveWireHorse in DAZ and people would like to use it in poser too. How can I export the stuff to poser? Or more lazily, would somebody do it for me? Once inside Poser I will be able to more or less tweak what needs tweaking but I can't seem to find any instructions how to export duf files to poser.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I did an add - on for the HiveWireHorse in DAZ and people would like to use it in poser too. How can I export the stuff to poser? Or more lazily, would somebody do it for me? Once inside Poser I will be able to more or less tweak what needs tweaking but I can't seem to find any instructions how to export duf files to poser.
This is the UTube Video I told you about. Eventhough, these are older versions the process is still pretty much the same. The only thing is I'm not sure how well Geographed .cr2's extract. I know there were some issues when I tried LLF's precious characters.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
This is the UTube Video I told you about. Eventhough, these are older versions the process is still pretty much the same. The only thing is I'm not sure how well Geographed .cr2's extract. I know there were some issues when I tried LLF's precious characters.
OH Thanks that is really useful I will try it out... once I have fixed everything. Why is it that each time I think I am finally finished there is something else popping up?!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
OH Thanks that is really useful I will try it out... once I have fixed everything. Why is it that each time I think I am finally finished there is something else popping up?!
LOL that's just the way Beta testing goes!! LOL =) but it's better to be thorough because that makes it easier on QAV.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Everyone talks of the DSON Importer.
I have tried since its release to use it but to absolutely NO AVAIL!
I am on a MAC and can not for the life of me get it to work even with their tech support team assistance.
I purchased many prop and clothing items when released with intent to use in Poser believing the DSON Importer was functional.
Long after the term period for returns expired I went in to try and get it done for a few new projects and met the WALL of failure. I just didn't have the heart to try and return those remaining products. Oh, most of them I did get credit for but a few linger in my Runtime waiting for the day I can get them converted. I really needed them for a project and could never finish it because of failure to do the conversions.
Wish it was legal to get someone else to do the conversions for me. Oh well!? :((......

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Everyone talks of the DSON Importer.
I have tried since its release to use it but to absolutely NO AVAIL!
I am on a MAC and can not for the life of me get it to work even with their tech support team assistance.
I purchased many prop and clothing items when released with intent to use in Poser believing the DSON Importer was functional.
Long after the term period for returns expired I went in to try and get it done for a few new projects and met the WALL of failure. I just didn't have the heart to try and return those remaining products. Oh, most of them I did get credit for but a few linger in my Runtime waiting for the day I can get them converted. I really needed them for a project and could never finish it because of failure to do the conversions.
Wish it was legal to get someone else to do the conversions for me. Oh well!? :((......

Just out of interest, what kind of items are these? E.G. Conforming Clothes for Genesis 2, Hair for Genesis 1, Nose Rings for Genesis 3... just that kind of level detail.

Cheers,

Cliff

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
conforming clothes (Grecian Goddess Outfit...love that chest drape) , a few conforming hair props, The Ranger Props set (love that darn branch composite bow which would go great with the Forest God set for V4 & M4 and my Cindy Centauress figure). These are mostly what I kept hoping some day to be able to figure out how to convert or get converted. The rest I got I returned and they reimbursed me my money. Because they tried so hard to get the stuff to work on my system and failed so miserably they had to despite the long period I had the products for......waaaaay past that 30 day cut-off limit.
why?

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Because I was thinking of trying to help. Knowing exactly which generation of figure needs to be conformed to would be an indicator of how much hassle I might be letting myself in for, and as I have a bunch of stuff from DAZ exact product names would help me check and see if I have the actual files to do tests here rather than say "please try this and report back" repeatedly.

There are no promises, but I should be able to see if I have Ranger Props and/or Grecian Goddess (please do not assume I WILL have them or that I will be able to help - I'd just like to, if the bones fall that way). It could at least be fun to try :)

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Sorry, I don't have any product with 'Grecian' in the name, and although I have Genesis Ranger I do not have 'Ranger Props for Genesis 2 Female(s)'.

If there is any way I could help it would therefore result in a lot of back-and-forth. Let me re-read your original post and have a think, see if I can come up with a useful route to helping you without putting myself out.

Cheers,

Cliff

PS typing from my tablet. Sheesh!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sorry, I don't have any product with 'Grecian' in the name, and although I have Genesis Ranger I do not have 'Ranger Props for Genesis 2 Female(s)'.

If there is any way I could help it would therefore result in a lot of back-and-forth. Let me re-read your original post and have a think, see if I can come up with a useful route to helping you without putting myself out.

Cheers,

Cliff

PS typing from my tablet. Sheesh!

I feel ya. I hate it too. I spent so much money on my iPad and hate the damn thing and most of all I hate the interface necessity with iTunes just to get stuff off it. You would think they would have come up with a smarter get around to be able to back stuff off directly to an external drive or computer via interface and drag and drop.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
conforming clothes (Grecian Goddess Outfit...love that chest drape) , a few conforming hair props, The Ranger Props set (love that darn branch composite bow which would go great with the Forest God set for V4 & M4 and my Cindy Centauress figure). These are mostly what I kept hoping some day to be able to figure out how to convert or get converted. The rest I got I returned and they reimbursed me my money. Because they tried so hard to get the stuff to work on my system and failed so miserably they had to despite the long period I had the products for......waaaaay past that 30 day cut-off limit.
why?

OK - let's take a look. Ideally I'd like to see some imagery of what you're managing to get now, so I can see how it's going wrong. But also, have you tried exporting .CR2 files as per this (and I suspect many other) tutorials, or have you only been using DSON?

cjbgtc1Cover.png

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
I am likely to have a bunch of questions, based on what your answers are at each stage. At the moment I am kinda hoping that your problem looks something like this from the tutorial, as I've demonstrated a potential solution to that as far back as 2012 (which probably means there is a better solution by now).

Cheers,

Cliff

cjbgtcPage44.png

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Cliff,
No offense as much as I really would love to use these two items, DAZ has already walked amd talked and tech assed me through the functions they assure me would work ad-nauseum.
WITHOUT SUCESS!
That is why they just gave me my money backperiod!

The option of installing D/S and exporting stuff from that was too daunting for me. My brain just shuts down whenever I try grappling with new stuff.
Looking at all my posts asking for this or that in the forums will attest to that.
Just trying to set up the materials room for instance with nodes and stuff to try and create a wet look on models went fizzy fizz and the instructions were reading them really simple sounding. It was applying them that it all fell apart.
That is why I ask for the conversions from someone else.
How about this, I buy you the items or get you a gift card to buy them and you can do the conversions for me. You will own them like me and all you would provide is the conversions? All legal and ethical-like? Though I hate having to spend the money now since it is at a premium, I would do just to get the rite s to work in Poser with Mil4 figures.