• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

DAZ to Poser - how?

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Converting an item from DAZ Studio to Poser is not without effort - indeed, the PAs behind those items are very capable folks, so if they didn't create Poser-compatibility then I'd have to assume that the work involved would not have gathered them sufficient HUNDREDS of extra sales in order to be worth it. There are a LOT of potential issues, some of which can essentially mean stripping back to the base mesh and starting again from scratch (although with the likes of Xena, Sarsa and 3D Universe that seems unlikely). Have you tried asking Xena why there's no Poser support? I'm willing to bet that it's because the amount of work involved would not be worth it in terms of extra sales. Plus, they're for Genesis 2 - just converting them "to work in Poser" wouldn't make them fit and work with the Mil4 figures. Last but not least if I owned the items it would indeed make it ETHICAL for me to be able to produce a fix for you, but it still wouldn't actually be LEGAL. what can I say - the law is an ass :(

So I'm sorry, but I think I'll have to decline your offer I'm afraid. Even if I redid them for Poser from scratch I wouldn't be able to redistribute them, so I'd have put in the work to create (much of) two whole products without having the ability to distribute :(

Cheers,

Cliff