• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dawn S.E. Faces of the World Underway

Zaarin

Brilliant
One of my friends is Eskimo-Inuit/ Swiss. She is always taken for pure Japanese at the anime Cons she goes to--- by Japanese!-- so, yes, it is really pretty subjective.

(Test starts at 6.32 )
Koreans and ethnic Japanese both have their origins ultimately in Siberia, so it's not really surprising that Eskimo-Aleuts and Na-Dene peoples are often mistaken for East Asians. Weirder to me is the fact that Eurasians (i.e., children of a European parent and East Asian parent) are sometimes mistaken for Native Americans; I don't see the similarity at all. Maybe it's because the face model (and voice actress) of Disney's Pocahontas, Irene Bedard, is part Inuit and part Métis (who are of mixed French Canadian and Algonquian, especially Cree and Ojibwa, descent).

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I 'd be very interested to see what you have picked as a Celtic/Irish face. What types of references are you using to decide things like how big boned, how thin lipped, how large the brows, ect.

( Not nit picking, I'm actually interested for my own work) The more I read- the less I'm sure of : )
Blood of the Irish: What DNA Tells Us About the Ancestry of People in Ireland
For my self I took a oh so scientific approach (year right lol) I did a google search for Irish/Celtic then just picked a handfull of images that to me looked right. One of them as actually the image on that page :) Not sure how Chris is approaching it

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking great Chris...maybe as well as this we need someone who could do a set of individual morphs that people can use to create their own individual dial spins. Even within cultures there is a huge diversity.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay, with any "luck"... here is the Irish Dawn.

WorldFaces39.JPG

Irish

WorldFaces40.JPG

Dawn SE

WorldFaces41.JPG

Dawn SE

WorldFaces42.JPG

Irish

WorldFaces43.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
mm, any chance for an asian male? I know this is for Dawn, but i do have my reason for asking.;)

Certainly so. We do have a couple Asian morphs I know that I've created in the past for Dusk. Here's one example that I've found. Our plan is to see how we do with this first set for Dawn, and if there is enough interest we'll create something similar for Dusk.

Dusk243.JPG
Dusk244.JPG
Dusk250.JPG
Dusk251.JPG

Zaarin

Brilliant
That Irish face for Dawn reminds me a bit of Amy Adams. I think it's the mouth and cheeks. (Even though she's almost twice my age, I've always thought Amy Adams is extremely attractive. And so super talented. The fact that she didn't win any awards for Arrival is a crime.)