• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna Ponytail hairstyle underway.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Here is some more inspiration. There is a new man on the block and he's being compared to Thor......

His name is Lasse L. Matberg

Image search in Google linked in his name.... Lots of hair in all sorts of looks!
WHAT A HUNKY LOOK HE SPORTS. If i was way younger and buff like him and had all my damn hair I would........but I'm not but the look is one I have often used on some of my male Poser characters long hair beard and muscles. I like it think it is MANLY.!!!!!!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Hair products are good though there are many many out there many times they fall shirt.
Good model requirements from my personal experience with hair products for poser:
1. Offer a .Hr2 product instead of the usual of late .Cr2. Conforming hair limits the user to use it for only the character it was designed t conform to. No matter how you try adapting it to other figures both female and male it raises my BP trying to get to work when parented.
2. Shorter hair should look good on the nape of the neck and base of the skull. All the short hair I have used looks stupid in that area. Hair products seem to be designed to only be used for frontal portraits totally ignoring how they look from behind and around the ears (heck short hair on girls also has sideburns fringes and many times that too is forgotten making the style look weird.
3. Aeon Soul always had good hair and they used the modular approach so creating it with that add-on idea is a good one and viable for everyone Buy as you need is good.
4. Lots of movement and adjust morphs and if possible fit poses for the basic different figures (Mil3, Mil4, Poser in house figures, HiveWire people, Genesis, etc).
5. Not sure what it is called but I wind up buying hair that when the textures and transmaps are turned off the hair on the models head disappears or turns into a transparent mesh making it real hard to try and fit it to the head or use the various motion morphs. Please, please make the product so that stupid transparent mesh does not occur in the set up. Oh it renders right but hell to set up.
6. OLD guy and old gal hair is really lacking in the community. We need as much of that as we need good thin sparse hair for little kids infants and toddlers instead of a head of hair that makes them look like they fed in the womb on rogaine!
7. When I buy hair now i look for hair that can be easily used in a fantasy scene or old period piece like Native American or African or Graeco-Roman set ups as well as modern times. Hair with time flexibility is best for my tastes and will guarantee getting my money!
8. Hard to keep hair in ponytails and buns ALWAYS neat. wisps of loose hair always seem to be present and lend to the realism of the hair/ Maybe a pain in render resources but if a way can be fount to add these loose and uncontrollable wisps of loose hair it would be nice.
8.. Maybe not the right thread but would love to get braided,knotted and tufted hair for Hair mane and tails. Even as smart props it would be something I'd pay for.....just saying
9. Ethnic and accurate time periods hair for adults and kids are really needed. I would love a tick curly hair like Merida sports in Brave for instance or African and Arab knotted hair for little girls and women similar to Nubian Knots and the Knotted hair sold at DAZ.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I just want to echo the sentiment about timeless hair styles. They're really hard to find because so many creators insist on using locks of layered hair as proof that the hair is, well, hairy. Unfortunately, to me it just ends up looking professionally cut by a modern beautician obsessed with feathering, layering, and adding "interest" to a look. To my eyes, it screams, "I'm post 80's big hair! I'm post 90's 'bed-head' look! I depend on hair spray, mousse, and gel!" Just about every time period before the 50's went for smoother looks, even in wavy hair. I don't think I've ever seen as many wild strands in either old photos or movies before the 60's as in about 90% of Poser hair. Even ponytails back then were sleek and shiny.

I also agree about having an hr2 or prop option. Especially because I believe in HiveWire figures. I'm not anxious for it, but I believe Dawn and Dusk will have new versions in the future. I'd love to be able to fit hair with a bit of positioning and the Morph Tool if I needed to. And I think the more clothes and hair can carry over to new versions, the more appealing new versions will be. I also think it would great if the community could focus on totally new accessories for new versions, rather than converting or recreating existing accessories.

But that's just my own lone opinion. And I know that I'm _far_ from the norm when it comes to users. I just thought I'd put my 2 cents out there, in case there actually are a substantial number of people who wish they had more timeless hairstyles to choose from and could put hair on more figures and characters.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Oh, thanks for the kind word. Just to be clear, when I say "prop," I don't preclude rigged or articulated "props." I really appreciated the parented figure hair options in Studio Art Vartanian's works, and found them useful for Dawn.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Hey Chris
I know this is a thread on a certain hair style in the works but I wondered is there a thread where we can put requests and post images of hair we would really love to have for Poser use for not only your flagship figures but other figures as well?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Go back to the list of the forum and then look at the top of the page, above the list of projects.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
If you click on the link, it'll take you right there :)