• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna Ponytail hairstyle underway.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Or a modular product with add-on tails, or braids, or whatever. So long as they all share colors, there could be more than one skull cap. One with the hair drawn up to the crown, and another with it drawn back to the nape. Maybe then get fancy with two-tailed caps.

True; I hadn't even considered that possibility yet. For now, I'm happy to wait for the initial product release... I really want to get my furry little paws on it! LOL :D But yes, hopefully down the road we will be able to make use of lower seated tails/braids for the male characters (or even the girls like me who wear them at the nape of the neck rather than top of the head...)

I will still be thrilled with whatever gets released, and I am so going to snap it up ASAP. :D

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Yes, definitely some options to have the ponytail, bun or braids at the base or nape of the neck would be really good, especially the pony for males.

Lianam

Eager
This really great. I like the hair around the base of the the skull and around the face it is loose. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Here is some more inspiration. There is a new man on the block and he's being compared to Thor......

His name is Lasse L. Matberg

Image search in Google linked in his name.... Lots of hair in all sorts of looks!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yup... lots of inspiration there! Ana (Arien) added him to my wall on Fb but got out to the link and it was all Instagram that I don't use so no way to access the images. So I just copied and pasted his full name into Google search and all these accessible images were there. YAY! lol :D

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
That dude is YOKED!!! A great look. Mr. Butch Buff Viking King!!

Rolling on the floor laughing! I have never heard of that expression: yoked does it referred to the guy , the hair, or? @Chris I may crack you up big you crack me up !

Szark

Awesome
I don't do many human renders so the hair doesn't really interest me but I will say it looks awesome and I love how you have all the uvmapping in the same direction which helps with Anisotropic settings given that it uses uv direction.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Great looking hairs styles :) But I'm not so sure about the pony-tailed Luna :( Maybe the girls can tell us, just how LONG does it take IRL to grow hair that long ? And Luna is supposed to be a *baby* ?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Luna really does need a 'baby' hair of her very own, that's suitable for a boy or a girl. Something shortish and not thick.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Babies grow hair at different rates...some babies are born with a head of hair. My daughter looked bald until she was about 3 but their were other kids who had quite long hair by that stage. That said I do think Luna needs some hairs with finer hair that looks right.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
My son had to have his first hair cut at 9 months lol you could just about tie it back and it was very thick

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My daughter was born with at least 2 inches of hair. Baby fine, but thick. They tried to take the top and curl it into a little cupie curl, and when it dried it spiked straight up.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Great looking hairs styles :) But I'm not so sure about the pony-tailed Luna :( Maybe the girls can tell us, just how LONG does it take IRL to grow hair that long ? And Luna is supposed to be a *baby* ?

My daughter had a full head of hair at birth. By the time she was a toddler, it was to her shoulders. Yes, a ponytail is feasible for some toddlers. It was a thin/baby-fine ponytail, but she definitely had enough by toddler stage for a ponytail. By the time she was two, I was able to separate it into side tails or small braids.

The very first time I had to cut her hair, she was three, and had managed to get some kind of gunk into it that necessitated it being cut. She scooped up all the hair from the floor, balled it up into her hands and stared at it for like an hour, crying in that way that only toddlers and babies can do. LOL Nowadays her hair goes to her hips, just like mine (though hers doesn't have all the silvers in it that mine does, and is a little bit thicker than mine is now :p).

So.. yes, it is conceivable that toddlers could have enough hair for a ponytail. Also, Luna can easily function as anything from a toddler to about age 4 or 5, all depending on how you dress her, what hair you put on her, what skin you use, and how you pose her... so a ponytail like this could - and would - be very helpful in any case to have for her. :)

My daughter was born with at least 2 inches of hair. Baby fine, but thick. They tried to take the top and curl it into a little cupie curl, and when it dried it spiked straight up.

That was me, too. My sister's hair held that little curl without a problem. Mine just laughed at them, separated, and spiked off into whatever directions it felt like going. To this day my hair will invent new directions to curl into if it's not kept long! LOL