• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Quick question. Will I have to make new shoes for Dawn 2.0 or can she wear the previous Dawns' shoes? I'll probably make them anyway, but I can't do anything until I get her.
The rigging changed so you need to rig the new shoes to be able to use it and make slightly fitting adjustments.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Perhaps that's what the wait is about. Maybe something that can only be used in Poser 13 is being added?

Dana
Hi Dana , Dawn2 should works out of the box in Poser13 , beside maybe the PBR materials as I am not exactly sure yet what has changed , added, removed since the materials use Original Cycle shader nodes for best results.
Since the engine changed I need to make sure it works proper , anyway if there are big changes the new materials will be provided , I am actually very glad that P13 arrives soon as it will be much easier to work with stuff in the future for everyone.

eclark1894

Visionary
The rigging changed so you need to rig the new shoes to be able to use it and make slightly fitting adjustments.
Okay, so maybe you can help with another issue. I'm thinking skis. I had made a pair before, but never finished them. It was the boots that were hard to finish. Do I need to rig the skis to the boots? or just parent the boots and skis to Dawn's feet?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Do I need to rig the skis to the boots? or just parent the boots and skis to Dawn's feet?
In case of that boots you can just parent the boots and skis to Dawn's feet , if you have boots that will bend , you need to rig the boots first and then parent the skis to the rigged boots.

eclark1894

Visionary
In case of that boots you can just parent the boots and skis to Dawn's feet , if you have boots that will bend , you need to rig the boots first and then parent the skis to the rigged boots.
I've never worn ski boots before, but as far as I know, they're not bendable, so I'll just make extra large, enough to fit Dusk's feet, then Dawn and Dusk can both wear them. Thanks Cath.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I've never worn ski boots before, but as far as I know, they're not bendable, so I'll just make extra large, enough to fit Dusk's feet, then Dawn and Dusk can both wear them. Thanks Cath.
I've never skiied, either. But as I understand it, all the bending should be at the knees and the hips, and maybe the waste.

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Not all ski boots are just stiff , some can be adjusted so you can go up the slope then set to stiff when ski down , in short multifunctionional

Nod

Adventurous
As long as her DS version will be able to use the newest materials and such, I don't see me able to afford Poser 13 any time soon. I haven't even upgraded to 12.

Dana
I bought Poser 12 and barely use it, so it's gathering virtual dust on my megabeast. I tend to use Poser 11 on my lappy for testing textures which I create. If I create any scenes, I'll sometimes stick them on a USB, then render them on my megabeast for the slightly faster render times, but that's it.
From what I've seen/heard though, there's nothing which makes me want to buy Poser 13.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I bought Poser 12 and barely use it, so it's gathering virtual dust on my megabeast. I tend to use Poser 11 on my lappy for testing textures which I create. If I create any scenes, I'll sometimes stick them on a USB, then render them on my megabeast for the slightly faster render times, but that's it.
From what I've seen/heard though, there's nothing which makes me want to buy Poser 13.
I found that GPU render times on P12 kill P11 (justified by that alone)
And P13 is set to be a further improvement on P12.

Good to see you here again Nod :cool:

Reactions: Nod

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I found that GPU render times on P12 kill P11 (justified by that alone)
And P13 is set to be a further improvement on P12.

Good to see you here again Nod :cool:
Poser13 is a game changer , it is rewritten from the core and has a new engine , it is not an update , it is totally new software with quality rendering . I was waiting for that changes for too long , as it will bring future creations to a next level , P12 was just an bandage .

Anyway folks lets go back on topic before Alisa shuffle us out to another thread .. :p

DanaTA

Distinguished
Poser13 is a game changer , it is rewritten from the core and has a new engine , it is not an update , it is totally new software with quality rendering . I was waiting for that changes for too long , as it will bring future creations to a next level , P12 was just an bandage .

Anyway folks lets go back on topic before Alisa shuffle us out to another thread .. :p
I think it's just idle talk while we wait for the big announcement!

Dana

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Right there with you on that. Friend of mine came over a couple of weeks back for a head shave and chat and he is an anti vaxxer and brought the virus into my house. With my HIV and Diabetes II and being over 60 if I weren't vaxxed to the max I would have landed in the hospital. I still feel like I have a pretty bad cold but I'm virus free at this point. So had to delay all my work on stuff for Dawn 2. Luckily I had to products for 'Rosity (Tenacity Twin Tails update and a new Poser version of my Strands) that passed and so I could relax from the beta testing drudgery! I hope you are getting better Miss Fairy Light! :balloon03:

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Well after all Dawn2 has to be ready for Poser13 so actually she gonna rock the new software to the maximum :p
I am think it is actually a great timing. Double excitement !
Well the latest Rendo P13 newsletter say no unimesh improvements and no new figures. May as well put her out for DS and let customers have fun. Superfly improvements won't be enough to make many people jump on board Poser after all this time in my humble opinion and I own every version of Poser from P2 onwards. I was looking forward to 13 and Dawn2. No longer. Now It's time to move on.