• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Any news on when the expected release date is?
I need some expression morphs to check mt face morph...lol.
Hi Helen
You have some expressions there already , the face is rigged , you need to rig all your morphs to be able to work with the face rig in first place . You can access each individual bone in the face , if you do not adjust the rigging to morphs shape it will not works .

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hi Helen
You have some expressions there already , the face is rigged , you need to rig all your morphs to be able to work with the face rig in first place . You can access each individual bone in the face , if you do not adjust the rigging to morphs shape it will not works .
Great, and thank you!

Hornet3d

Wise
I have to be honest, I allocated an amount of money in my hobby budget to purchase Dawn 2 but that has long since been spent. That is not to say I won't buy but I am not as committed to the purchase as was before and I can't see me being an early adopter.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, very sad this whole project seems to be in limbo. I was going to do a pose pack and a couple of other things but with no word on where she is completion wise I've had to move on to other projects like learning Blender! LOL Yea, I had to. Substance Painter is just not working for me as I had hoped. Onwards and upwards folks. We have plenty to keep us going with other figures and other projects! ;)

unreal

Noteworthy
Yes, very sad this whole project seems to be in limbo. I was going to do a pose pack and a couple of other things but with no word on where she is completion wise I've had to move on to other projects like learning Blender! LOL Yea, I had to. Substance Painter is just not working for me as I had hoped. Onwards and upwards folks. We have plenty to keep us going with other figures and other projects! ;)
I spend my time in Blender as well.

For me, coming from decades of hobby playing with Poser and facing a need for something new (given it's decade of "stall") the choice was DS (free with a whole new GUI, sparse documentation, and little programatic control) or Blender (free with a whole new GUI, *heaps*of documentation, and full programatic control).

It was an easy equation :)

xyer0

Brilliant
Last year, I was hoping for September or October. This year, I'm hoping for September or October. I just wish there were some news, like I'm Still Standing or better yet, I'm Coming Out instead of No Reply at All.

Nod

Adventurous

For me, coming from decades of hobby playing with Poser and facing a need for something new (given it's decade of "stall") the choice was DS (free with a whole new GUI, sparse documentation, and little programatic control) or Blender (free with a whole new GUI, *heaps*of documentation, and full programatic control).

I've got completely sick of Poser as well. I have Poser 12 on my big machine, but still do 90% of my stuff in Poser 11 on my laptop. There's nothing which made me want to get Poser 13, and as far as I'm concerned, there's not enough of a difference. There's no new figures, etc. And as I have the Octane plugin, my renders are really fast anyway. I've used Poser for over 20 years, but I'm starting to think that it's time to call it a day, as I'm just not having fun any more. Like yourself, I've also started dabbling with Blender, and I am watching all the tutorials.

Nod

Adventurous

As well as Blender, I've been using Nomad Sculpt on my tablet. There are dozens of tutorials for that as well, and the full version only costs £14. That lets you save out files in a variety of formats, even STL, so you can import OBJs into Blender.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Please keep this thread on Dawn 2 and let's not morph it into a thread about Blender. If you folks want to continue this discussion, please let me know and I'll be happy to split it off into a new thread :)

unreal

Noteworthy
So.... is Dawn 2 still a thing? o_O

Obviously, there are people who have a pre-release figure and have been working with it and having fun for months (years, in some cases). Will anyone else get to play?

xyer0

Brilliant
So.... is Dawn 2 still a thing? o_O

Obviously, there are people who have a pre-release figure and have been working with it and having fun for months (years, in some cases). Will anyone else get to play?
We'll just have to wait?
BTW, I wanted to tell you thanks for a comment you made about Witch Hunter Robin a long while back. I didn't know the reference or get the joke, but I searched out the show and found it on Funimation, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, its music, and vibe. After seeing her hairstyle I finally knew the inspiration for Dark Wolf Hair from Stephanie 4 Pro Bundle. I still don't get your joke though. But thanks so much. If you have any other animation suggestions I'd love to hear them.
And now back to our regularly scheduled monthly lament over Dawn 2's absence, may she arrive before the new world order.

Roberta

Eager
I've been reminding everyone, for months now :), that I'm available to work on add-ons for Dawn2's outfits. I don't have Dawn2, but if any of you have dynamic or non-dynamic dress geometries, and if you like my style, let me know. If you want to see my style go HERE