• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Hubert Holin

Inspired
Or at leat for P12. To add insult to injury, P13's first release "might" not be for us Mac users, as already we were ignored for the last release of P12.

unreal

Noteworthy
Or at leat for P12. To add insult to injury, P13's first release "might" not be for us Mac users, as already we were ignored for the last release of P12.
Yeah... But that's been the way since I started using Poser. Was there even a mac version before 4 or 5? I first used it on Windows. I switched to mac around Poser 5 and even with mac releases being delayed, I never seriously regretted the switch. My mac HW has always blown away all but the most extreme PC HW. This old Mac is 5 years old, limping along with 18 Xeon cores, 128GB RAM, and a sad little Radeon Pro Vega 64.

I'm actually more excited by what Blender has planned this next year. With 18-24 months, should be able to "skin" Blender into Poser. With somewhat better performance. Blender needs triax, though. I would think adding triax to Blender's rigging would be easier than adding Unimesh to Poser's rigging.

In any case, Dawn 2 shouldn't require Poser 13, right? Since 13 wasn't anything but a future version number, when D2 was (largely) developed.

I would just love to get my hands on her mesh so I can start morphing.

Wow, there's a phrase you don't hear every day. Unless you hang out in these forums. Two people hanging in a 3d forum: "Check out that topology... Now *there's* a mesh I'd like to morph!"

Is that messed up? o_O

Nod

Adventurous
Right there with you on that. Friend of mine came over a couple of weeks back for a head shave and chat and he is an anti vaxxer and brought the virus into my house. With my HIV and Diabetes II and being over 60 if I weren't vaxxed to the max I would have landed in the hospital. I still feel like I have a pretty bad cold but I'm virus free at this point. So had to delay all my work on stuff for Dawn 2. Luckily I had to products for 'Rosity (Tenacity Twin Tails update and a new Poser version of my Strands) that passed and so I could relax from the beta testing drudgery! I hope you are getting better Miss Fairy Light! :balloon03:

If someone came round my house spreading the plague, especially an anti-vaxxer, they'd be an ex-friend, as well as being banned from the house.
I hope you're feeling better soon.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
:please:

A reminder that this is the OFFICIAL HIVEWIRE 3D DAWN 2 THREAD. PLEASE KEEP IT FOR THAT PURPOSE ONLY :)

Discussions about software, your specific creations for Dawn 2, how to do things in Poser or DAZ Studio, and other off topic things should go in other threads.

I am going to move any new posts that are completely off topic elsewhere. I know there have been off topic posts through this thread, but I honestly don't want to take the time or energy to go back and move things.

Thanks for understanding. :flower00:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
If someone came round my house spreading the plague, especially an anti-vaxxer, they'd be an ex-friend, as well as being banned from the house.
I hope you're feeling better soon.
He's a friend of over 35 years so while I was pissed off about it I was more concerned over my own well being. I won't unfriend him but he knows what he did so he's being quiet and leaving me alone. He does this with all of his mistakes, ignore it long enough so I forget. I never forget! LOL

Doing better. Still have a cough! Thank you for the well wishes!

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Well the latest Rendo P13 newsletter say no unimesh improvements and no new figures. May as well put her out for DS and let customers have fun. Superfly improvements won't be enough to make many people jump on board Poser after all this time in my humble opinion and I own every version of Poser from P2 onwards. I was looking forward to 13 and Dawn2. No longer. Now It's time to move on.
I just heard the news from people as well , this is not what we planned , I guess for now it was just a waste of time waiting .
You are right , time to move forward and then when they are ready we will jump on the wagon with P13 .
My intuition told me it would be not ready for March and I was right .

I just wish I know that one month ago :rolleyes:no more waiting for now .. time to move on with it

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
:please:

A reminder that this is the OFFICIAL HIVEWIRE 3D DAWN 2 THREAD. PLEASE KEEP IT FOR THAT PURPOSE ONLY :)

Discussions about software, your specific creations for Dawn 2, how to do things in Poser or DAZ Studio, and other off topic things should go in other threads.

I am going to move any new posts that are completely off topic elsewhere. I know there have been off topic posts through this thread, but I honestly don't want to take the time or energy to go back and move things.

Thanks for understanding. :flower00:
Well I just saw it ..
Good idea Alisa

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
When there is news, it will be posted. Not scolding anyone who's done so already (I know you're just excited :)), but please do not keep "bumping" the thread - those waiting for actual news will keep getting notices and come to find bumps only :). Thanks for understnading